1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im bout to jump from a td04 up to a gt3071r

i need a lil help with sourcing some things

1)a less expensive oil/coolant lines kit with everything i will need

2)3 bar map sensor (will a GM one work?)

3)i was already referred to a site for the deka 60# injectors, but if you have a site for them please lmk

please don't say GS

and as for the turbo, will i have any clearance issues for the intake when using the stock manifold?

if i think of any other questions ill add on

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Also, you're using an n/a 2.3 t5 motor iirc...what are you goals and are you going to just keep the bottom end stock (are the n/a motors as strong as the turbo ones?)? Depending on power and if you plan on using e85, you could look into 80lb injectors too and i've heard they won't be too big.

I don't have any direct experience...I've just read stuff here and there on the thread.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
i forgot to add on that list

what bout my fpr?
I've found that the Audi 4.0bar FPR and the adjustable variants for the 1.8Ts fit our cars too. I'm running one now with no loss in gas miledge, The 4 bar can be had for under 50 bucks from an Ebay place in canada, The adjustable ones are cheap from Ebay UK

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've found that the Audi 4.0bar FPR and the adjustable variants for the 1.8Ts fit our cars too. I'm running one now with no loss in gas miledge, The 4 bar can be had for under 50 bucks from an Ebay place in canada, The adjustable ones are cheap from Ebay UK
thats good to know thanks!!

For #1, do you mean less expensive than stainless lines with AN fittings?
i just want a kit that is fairly complete for a good price
i dont want to piece things together from atp where each fitting is something like $28 and will need 4 of them

Make sure you ge the right oil restrictir.
i will deff make sure i have the right orifice

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sorry when i read your first post i thought it said 'oil cooler' instead of oil/coolant. Some local speed shops sell SS braided lines for cheap. What are the specs for the lines you wanna use? size and end fittings?

GS sells a $40 4.0bar.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
To edit, you will want to get a different MAP sensor to accommodate higher boost levels to avoid saturating the stock MAP sensor and getting boost issues like I had. The 3 Bar MAP sensor like the one GS stocks will see you through most boost levels higher than 20 psi.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I believe the stock FPR is a 3 bar regulator, and they are generally good up to 20psi. You will want to go for a 3.5 or even a 4 bar regulator to leave some headroom open for the future.
Pretty sure your talking about a map sensor...which would still make the statement wrong.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I believe its a 2.5 bar sensor. And since technically were at 1 atm, thats 1.5 bar or 21.7556 PSI.

I think.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts