Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
What is your ideal budget and what are some "goals" or dreams you'd want to achieve with said car? Also - WELCOME ABOARD!
Do you like classics? Do you like the typical, the new or the really nice newish and fast... it's all really what you want in a car and have to spend. Give a few more details and we can surely help you find the ideal car for you ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Personally, I'd go for either a 9-5 Aero, 9000 Aero or 9-3 Viggen. Only because they use the 2.3 and can be upgraded more than the 2.0. Heard a lot of people saying they were disappointed with the performance of the 9-3ss Aero (Vector in the US?) though I've never driven one, so can't comment myself.

There are several 9000's on SaabScene with over 300BHP. The new 9-5 Aero starts with 250bhp as standard - wheras the 9-3ss Aero is only 210bhp.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Look for a 97 9000 Aero Manual - you can aquire one of those off e-bay in good shape and fairly low mileage for around $4-6,000 easy. They are VERY nice cars and with the right interest can be300+hp. Stock is 225, and it's QUICK. Looks nice too. YOu could also aquire a nice older SPG 86+ for anywhere from $800-$6,000 too. Depending on it's condition. I'd lean towards the 9000 Aero. The CSE models are the same car, just no special seats or suspension, so the AERO is better :p

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey welcome to the site!!! Glad you made it. I take it your questions are already getting answers ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
welcome to the board, if money isn't an option for you, then buy a lamborghini, put a saab badge on it, and let us all drive it.

but if it is sorta, then i'd recomend getting a newer viggen, like a 98 or a 99, they are really mint, really fast, and clean sharp looks. wish i had one :cry:

you said you just finished a big job... are you a car booster? or a hit man? or something like that?

how about getting me into your line of work, i need money, and i don't ask for much, i do as i'm told, and i never complain.

~justin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.