Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 hours non-stop. I left the LA area at 6:40pm on the 30th. I pulled into my house at 11:00am today. The only thing that kept me awake was the 5 Red Bulls I had. :shock: I was suppose to leave on the 2nd. But I-5 was shut down on Sunday with a blizzard. They were expecting another big snow storm today. The I-5 freeway was mostly dry with a few wet icy spots. I drove through some freezing fog in Southern Oregon. I get 5 miles from my house and the sky opens up. Its really snowing out there.

OK, about my 9-3 now. I got 28.3 MPG going and 29.1 coming back. Not bad for having 18 inch wheels on her. The P-Zero Nero M/S tires worked really well. They handled pretty good for the last 5 miles home. It seemed my car thought it was a snow plow with the lower front spoiler. :x The snow gets built up in the wheel wells also. So I hope it doesn't snow anymore this year. I bought the Nero M/S tires for the occasional light dusting of snow up here in the Northwest. This is the third snow storm this year already.

And another thing. I managed not to get hit in the windshield by a rock until I drove into the Portland city limits. 2,000 rock chip free miles, I only had 30 miles to go. :evil:

Here is some pics for the kiddies.

·
Registered
30 Posts
welcome home. Yeah, i remember the viggen plow I used to have. Anything over 2" on the ground and the car is pushing the snow and not rolling over or through it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice pics finky! How many times did your TCS light go on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I coundn't hook up with you Matt. My parents put me right to work. I spent 5 hours on their cars each. One per day. I washed, clayed, polished, paint cleanser and wax. Then I detailed the whole interior. I even cleaned all the carpets with carpet cleaner. Then they made me tear down all the wallpaper in their bathroom. It was 33 years old. :shock:

·
Registered
87 Posts
jerry, he's probably asleep .. 16 hours behind the wheel and five red bulls .. he's crashed
Chris - you are feeling s l e e e e e p p p p p y.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JNGold said:
jerry, he's probably asleep .. 16 hours behind the wheel and five red bulls .. he's crashed
Chris - you are feeling s l e e e e e p p p p p y.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
What day is it? I think if I fall asleep. I will wake up next year. :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finklejag said:
Sorry I coundn't hook up with you Matt. My parents put me right to work. I spent 5 hours on their cars each. One per day. I washed, clayed, polished, paint cleanser and wax. Then I detailed the whole interior. I even cleaned all the carpets with carpet cleaner. Then they made me tear down all the wallpaper in their bathroom. It was 33 years old. :shock:
Sounds like you had a nice visit. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts