Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, back in the Saab World Again - and Frankly I love this darn thing...

Alright so the wife was in need of a replacement car after her Audi S4 was totaled but an ass in Tahoe! So after much searching and about ready to give up, I see this little Bright Orange/Red Wagon Sitting in the back looking pretty bad ass actually.

Long Story short its a 2002 Saab 95 Aero Wagon w/sport seats and 58k on the clock. Records are top notch. After a test drive I had to have it. So after an almost 15 year hiatus after selling my old SPG I am now the proud owner of this little Orange Wagon.

A few things so far that have turned up that I will be looking for some tips on :
Rear Hatch and Cargo area lights are in-op and all the bulbs are in excellent shape.

Drivers side Heated seat switch appears to work fine however its always on.

And finally I need the drivers side Power Seat control Plastic panel that is broken and the front portion is a bit loose.

And Finally I have 17 inch Saab wheels on it now and I was looking for a killer set of Winter Rims and Tires.

Ouside a few small issues the Pre Purchase inspection was glowing and Im really happy with the car and surprised at how freaking quick this wagon is. If Im beating on it I sit around 18mpg and if Im cruising on the highway I hit almost 32 mpg. You cant beat it.

Anyways Hello from the Midwest and oh yes the Owner had a special order this color with a paint to sample which is kinda cool. I didn't know Saab or many other companies do that Paint to Sample Anymore. It's called Fire Orange with Black Leather Interior. Has some unusual badging on the lower middle of each fender a little black badge that is the Saab Symbol without the Oval.

I am planning on doing a complete oil change flush and just a full on tune up before winter and will be giving the car to my Wife This sunday for a Birthday present. I would love to keep this little wagon for myself but considering the untimely death of her S4 and she was always complaining about the miserable lack of legroom in the back seats so. Lets hope she likes this saab... Keep Our Fingers crossed!!

Hello To All,

Jon W
2002 Saab Aero Wagon - Fire Orange Black Leather
Pictures soon!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Welcome!

Ok, we need pics.
NOW.

Is it an auto or a manual?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Nice find. Pictures can't come fast enough...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well here is a couple photo's for you guys. Photos just dont show the color quite right but you get the idea. The interior is Black Leather w/sport seats which are amazingly wonderful. 5 Speed Automatic. My first Auto saab but I love that trans in Sport mode. Shifts wonderfully. It seems the trans knows how to keep the Turbo spooling so each shift pulls stronger and stronger.

If you look right in the center of the door at the front there are these little black emblems I have no clue why or what but this is the only Aero I've seen with them. Mabey you guys have an idea of what they are. Ill try to get a upclose picture tomorrow.

I've been lucky to have the day off today and have been just plain cruising around and enjoying the car. Its just wonderful. With winter coming our local saab dealer offered me some 16 inch BBS wheels with Nokian Winter Tires on them for 1200$

Anyone have any good tire tips for the winter? With the tires that are on it there is no way this car would be good in the snow as it is now. Who knows mabey Im wrong but it seems as though every time I get on it the traction control kicks in and tries to keep the car in line.

I think winter mode just starts you off in second however it would be nice to enjoy some of the on boost characteristics during winter ! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a picture of that little Tin Badge. Its kinda cool yet pointless. At first I thought it was a sticker but nope its a small metal black anodized piece of metal. Any idea ? What it means or The original owner said it was there after he ordered it and it always annoyed him because when he would wax it would always catch and well show a little white around the edges.

Also I forgot does anyone have a Rear Cargo Area Retractable cover? We didnt get ours the owner couldn't remember what he did with it and Im not holding out hope that he will call us and say hey I got it! ?
If someone has one please shoot me a PM with cost and shipping to 53147 I would like to have it asap. I have all the cargo nets and tools and hooks but missing that darn thing.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
i like the car in the background of the first pic

oooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOooooooooooooo

welcome.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Looks like a great car. although it looks like the front lower lip is missing from the bumper cover.
Definitely is. I, too, have an '02 Aero. Very nice. I'm jealous of your low mileage!! ;-)

Welcome aboard!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts