Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm driving normally and just go 1/4 boost or 1/2 boost which is between anywhere from 8-14psi I have no issue. Now if I get into the red or 15-21psi my car starts to hesitate and the boost drops down to 5psi and then back up to 15-21psi and then back down and up and so on. I've checked for leaks in the intercooler and hoses. I noticed a flutter on the air intake side when I let off the gas. I checked the tension in the wastegate and it seems nice and tight. I do have a smbc setup but it never gave me trouble in the past. What should be causing this issue?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I believe fuel cut on stock ecus is around 15 psi so its odd that your getting to 21 psi.. I would say your bpc is bad but when your running a mbc it bypasses the bpc due to the ecu not regulating boost anymore. I'd say check your Bov/bpv, wastegate, and or your boost controller could be goin haywire

·
Registered
791 Posts
Whether or not you run the factory bpc or a mbc you will still hit fuel cut. When you hit it the car immediately stops accelerating, its not a stumbling. I agree with wsw in that you car can no longer regulate boost how it wants. Unless your ecu has been modified you shouldnt be able to get above 15.5 psi no matter what.

The flutter could be from your bov not opening correctly and forcing air back into the turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.