Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I’ll keep this short as I’m a newb . I bought a 05 Saab 9-3 linear 2.0 turbo. The person I obtained the car from tells me the last thing she did before I bought it was yank the battery terminals off as the alarm was going off without the fob in the ignition. Brand new battery getting 12.something at the starter but that’s as far as the power gets. The fob was stuck in the lock position until I cleaned the ignition and pulled the spring back carefully with my pik. So as to allow the fob to turn to on and start. Which of course did me no good. Can someone tell me what I’m missing. Thank u

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright I’ll keep this short as I’m a newb . I bought a 05 Saab 9-3 linear 2.0 turbo. The person I obtained the car from tells me the last thing she did before I bought it was yank the battery terminals off as the alarm was going off without the fob in the ignition. Brand new battery getting 12.something at the starter but that’s as far as the power gets. The fob was stuck in the lock position until I cleaned the ignition and pulled the spring back carefully with my pik. So as to allow the fob to turn to on and start. Which of course did me no good. Can someone tell me what I’m missing. Thank u
I,m sure you have figured this out by now, But sounds to me like a steering wheel lock malfunction. Good news is you are half way there already to bypassing it after pulling back the locking spring in the ignition you need to stuff a small piece of paper in front of the spring to keep it from locking again and then you need to bypass the starter relay. you can direct wire a push button start to the starter. I had the same issue in my 04 9-3 i have been you the bypass with push button start going on 2 years now, hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts