Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a link to a detailed write up on the waterpump replacement on a 96 9000??? searched but i cant find one any help is appreciated

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot man!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That's the write up I used. I liked alot. very helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been on this site, but seem to be having a problem in finding the bolts that are holding the water pump to the engine. I have removed all the bolts that I was able to find, but the pump remains in position. any ideas?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
There are 3 bolts holding it on... two on top and one on the bottom. Then the banjo bolt for the turbo coolant line. After that it's just a matter of wriggling it until the neck comes free from the block.

Having had to do this job on my car four times in the last couple weeks due to repeatedly fucking it up, I'll say this - Be careful not to damage the o-ring for the copper tube that goes around the outside of the timing cover and to the rear of the engine (smallest o-ring of the three).

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
A little bit of Vaseline will keep that from happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
bolts?

There are 3 bolts holding it on... two on top and one on the bottom.
I did notice that there are two bolts on the top that have a star tool required, not a six sided bolt. Is this the two on the top that I need to remove? The one on the bottom does feel like it is a six-sided bolt head

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did notice that there are two bolts on the top that have a star tool required, not a six sided bolt. Is this the two on the top that I need to remove? The one on the bottom does feel like it is a six-sided bolt head
It should be the same star bit. t40 IIRC. Thats if it is a stock bolt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
pump removal

ok, this is an update to my situation; I have removed the two T40 bolts and also the 16mm bolt on the bottom. There are no existing bolts holding the pump to the block, but it is steadfast in its position. I just can't seem to get it to budge at all. Any advise???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts