Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the drain is that would cause the floor to flood, spec. under seats and pretty much the lowest parts of the floorboards?

I had to take my new Corbeaus out, probably ruined, and my vert has the top down trying to dry the floor now :mad:

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Could be one of a couple potential causes. I know that water can collect in the doors, and if the door drain is clogged it can empty out into the floor. Also the floor itself has rubber plugs with tiny holes to let any water out. If those clog, you could have the same issue.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
First suspect is always the fresh-air intake. Open the hood and reach down in there. Even if the tray looks clean of debris, the tube that runs from the base of it to inside the wheel well could be clogged. You have to put water in there and squeeze the nipple at the end to work the gunk out. We found an old spark plug in my son Matt's POS vert. That was a bitch to get out.

Also check to see if there's water in the well behind the back seat. If there is, your rear curtain is leaking. My Chrysler has drain tubes at the bottom of the rear well, something SAAB should have done.

Lastly, make sure the drain bungs in the body are clear. Especially the section just rearward of the doors. There should be two drain bungs on each side. If they are clogged, the interior space can actually fill up with water and overflow into the car. That's a worst-case scenario, but I've driven cars that "sloshed" when driving and that's where the water had collected.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I actually had a leak on the top edge of that fresh air intake box. Never know.

In addition to all the good suggestions already, take a look at the gaskets around the rear side glass, they tend to shrink the older these cars get. I had the front lower corner pull away slightly, and developed a nice leak that would soak the carpet behind the drivers seat after a heavy rain.

Chris

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I'll add windshield gasket to this list. Did you get yours redone recently? Any chance they botched it?

That's the situation Little Red has right now and it stinks, literally. I had to pull her interior apart twice last summer to dry her out. Blech.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, just checked the 94 vert and it had water in the footwells :sad: Car cover was torn over the roof, so just bought another car cover. I did drill some extra drain holes just in case ;)

Anyone have a C900 black top with bows that they want to sell?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help everyone. I literally had so much water I could scoop up cup fulls....In the rear where the vert top goes down there was also enough to put gold fish in :(

anyways I ended up pulling the seats and carpet out and drying it all out. then I used my buddies rug doctor on the carpet. They look great! I tested all the drain plugs and everything seemed fine. I know that my top is leaking by the rear window, I just don't have the funds to put a new top on her yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts