Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time it rains hard, I get soaked carpets front and rear on the drivers side. Its possible that this is the side that the rain is prominent where I park. Has anyone had this issue with SAAB Aero 9-3 2006 sportcombi or other.

·
10,303 Posts
For every other saab it is usually the sunroof drains.

open the roof when it is not raining, and use something like a guitar string, something thick but pliable, not like a coat hanginer and run it back and forth. You should see a drain on every corner. It is probably clogged with leaves and squirrel shit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. Only thing is, I don't have a sunroof. I did some testing with a hose and the water flows from the drivers window down the outer window seal, though door and out drainage holes at the bottom of the door onto the fibreglass trim. Then if the water rate is heavy and the car is parked ever so slightly tilted towards pavement (per camber of the road) the water miraculously makes its way up the seal and slowly drips into the footwell. This is surely a design fault. The only thing I can think of doling is drilling a few drainage holes in the top of the fibreglass body trim to release the water. Who would have thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts