Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i would like to say i am new to the world of Saabs, so far I like them better then my old BMW.
So anyways I would like to know; can a BOV help produce more hp? Is it okay if I install a BOV (because i do like the sound)
I have read a little about the what people have for a turbo and mines a Garrett, I would assume thats stock right? (numbers later if anyone wants.)
1995 900se conv. 4wh drilled slotted rotors with more to come.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Welcome.

Yes, a BOV will NOT improve power by anymeans. It is just a valve to release un-used turbo pressure (hence the PSSHH noise). My suggestion to you for a bov is a forge. You can pick one up on just about any performance site, we suggest sites such as www.genuinesaab.com for most saab aftermarket schtuff. Your turbo is a garrett(stock), T25 i believe (correct me if im wrong someone). Have fun with that 900. This site here is chuck full of info you'll need.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Why do you have wastegate in the tittle?

Wastegates keep the turbo from over boosting while BOV/BPV removed pressure after off throttle.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Wastegate vs BOV?

Wastegate regulates boost pressure, opening and closing a door that releases the unneeded exhaust to the downpipe/dump tube. The door being closed sends more exhaust through the turbo which creates more 'boost'.

Blow off valve releases built pressure once the throttle plate closes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well see already learning. I have been against turbos and never learned much about them. I was a die hard constant forced air. (supercharged) I never knew exactly what the wastegate did. I do look forward to learning more and hopefully have a decent ride.
anyone check out europarts? I would like to replace the timing chain though maybe add a link would be easier then having to do a endless. sorry i do not think that was a good idea to put the timing in the "back" of the motor

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Show me a car that has a timing chain and is "easy" to change.

Heck even my wifes timing belt wasn't easy and its a 100k maintenance item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts