Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penn. club does a monthly meet for a dinner, would the DC people be either interested in cruising up to go to dinner with them, or would anyone be interested in doing a dinner of our own.. somewhere somewhat nice.. maybe in germantown or somewhere around there.. carrabas in germantown is pretty good, nice parking lot and all.. anyone?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I may be down.

When would this be taking place?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Why don't we try meeting at different houses...

I can accomodate a few for a get together...right off the 495 in MD about 10 minutes from DC...

Maybe we can all bring different types of foods, and drink..then relax if you don't feel like driving...some games.., maybe just a small party.

1) There's always the ESPN Zone downtown in DC too....,

2) The Riverside Bar & Grill in Georgetown next to the river...good parking areas there too.

3) Manassas Va has a car show area with a Burger King on Saturdays just off route 234.

4) Jaspers in Maryland about 5 minutes northeast of DC is a huge jazz/sport lounge with plenty of parking around the entire restaurant.

What we really need is a car club or get WAASAAB to pull some members together to kick this off in the area..

but a thought...

regards

·
10,303 Posts
I will be around in Late April, early may. Delorean, how short of a drive :?: , I could do an overnighter and possibly pop down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aerolike9 said:
or would anyone be interested in doing a dinner of our own.. somewhere somewhat nice.. maybe in germantown or somewhere around there.. carrabas in germantown is pretty good, nice parking lot and all.. anyone?
which state are we talking? MD? Let's meet somewhere in Delaware :idea: :lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DC- that sounds like a great idea man.. we need to get more people in wassaab to be more active.. seems like everyonce doesnt do anything except for going to carlisle. but yea.. lets organize a date that we can all go out to eat or go to somebody's house. that would be really cool!

BTW- we are talking about Washington DC .... as for all of the out of staters.. we would love to have any of ya come down to visit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aerolike9 said:
BTW- we are talking about Washington DC .... as for all of the out of staters.. we would love to have any of ya come down to visit.
ah the ride from central Jersey to DC is infuriating. took me about 5 hours last time. as much as i'd love to meet up with your guys, i can't imagine being on that portion of i-95 for this long. :( MD is doable.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, lets agree on somewhere to go, and a date. i am pretty much game for anytime, since im on break right now.. it will just be around my work schedule. so where do we want to meet up?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Aero..., you still have my number ...give me a holler ..so we can make this happen.

Sounds like your saying sometime soon...I'm open to any weekend after the 1st.., unless you guys have something better on New Years that would keep me around. Rather than a drive to Atlantic City for New Years Eve Day...anyone want to caravan is welcomed, and might be tough to find a spot to stay....please PM me if interested.

I start back to school in the middle of Jan...so I'm pretty much available any night, and any weekend.

Let's do something cool like this...we can do it now and in April.

The WAASAAB crew kinda spins around the founder.., and his studies with law puts a damper on get-togethers.

Also FYI ...DC is having their anual car show this week..., I'll post some pics of some pretty serious exotics if anyone is interested...

regards...

·
7,595 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
I will be around in Late April, early may. Delorean, how short of a drive :?: , I could do an overnighter and possibly pop down.
DC is about 2 hours away give or take depending on traffic- yeah that should work out.

also, I know some really goos roads in DE if you want me to help plan it ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
DeLorean said:
DC is about 2 hours away give or take depending on traffic- yeah that should work out.
correction: DC is 2 hrs away if you drive like DeLorean ;) if you drive normally, it's around 3-4 hours from Central NJ if the traffic is ok.

DeLorean said:
also, I know some really goos roads in DE if you want me to help plan it ;)
now there's a great suggestion. DE has some really nice roads there. I am very optimistic about that suggestion :mrgreen:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was going to say: I'm about 2 hours from DC on a good day (i think) and i'm closer then delorean.

But anyone is more then welcome to stay overnight at my house.

I am busy with a 3 day subaru drive from the 6th-9th. But anytime after that I am good to go as long as its on a weekend.....and assuming i have money :roll: .

Ian

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I am now in DC, and would definately like to meet up. Unfortunately, I don't have my car, but I'm living by PG Circle (Rhode Island Ave.), and I'm pretty good with the metro.

Let me know whats up.

Oh and Happy New Years!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright, so what are we doing?? when??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts