Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 62 maybe I am not tired of tinkering on the cars (the '99 Sable never seems to need work), but having a 3 year full coverage warranty on the used Saab I found for my wife was a nice respite... especially since the Dealership handled A/C repairs... twice.

But now a check engine light came on so I took the engine cover off for the first time. Tested the pure solenoid and it indeed worked, so on to figure out how to delete the code and see if it goes on again.

Now with cataracts and reading glasses, getting older, I am BACK IN THE GAME with wife's car... our first Saab.

I need to spend time figuring out if it is really a 2005... registration says 2006 but engine looks like all the 2005 pictures.

·
Registered
34 Posts
C'mon give the guy a break. He has a question.

Disconnecting the negative cable to the battery and waiting will sometimes reset the light. Likewise, removing fuse 17 on some 9-5s will reportedly do the same thing.

There were several different Saab models (9-2, 9-3, 9-5 and 9-7) in 2006. Two were essentially rebadged cars from other GM divisions. Which model are we talking about?

What is a "99 Sable"? The Mercury Sable was the upscale version of the Ford Taurus. I don't think it was sold in Australia, but it was popular in the U.S.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi guys was not being facetious but I just read my reply and it sure could be taken that way:) They were genuine questions sorry Iabpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts