Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a NG900 or old 9-3 you are able to make your regular conerns clear FOR FREE!! With just a philips and a flat head screw driver in 10 min.

-First remove the lense their is a screw on top and then pull it out straight
-Twist and remove the bulbs from the lense
-Then take the flat head screw driver and stick it in through one of the open bulb holes and pry at the edge of the reflector it is only held on by a dab of glue but be carefull not to scrath the lense
-Once you have pried it off you need to break it into pieces to get it out but it may take a little time to break it all up so be paitent
-Once it is all out reinstall the bulbs
-Slide the lense back onto the car
-Reinstall the screws and you have a new clear corner

-Any questions just ask

Peace

·
Registered
61 Posts
does this actually work?

·
Registered
293 Posts
does this actually work?
Yes, albeit it is a little more time consuming and the risk of damaging the lense is greater than it sounds from the tutorial.

That said, I have done it multiple times and never damaged a lense.

The only caveat is that, at least on the ones I've done, there is likely to be a small line of amber plastic, which cannot be removed, stuck in the glue on the lense after removal. It isn't real noticeable but it's there if you look for it. I used a piece of silver pinstripe on the outside of the lense to make the line "disappear" into the lense background and that works well for me.

Godspeed!

David

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sweet. ill give it a try! Thanx man!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
With just a philips and a flat head screw driver in 10 min.
^^^put down the crack pipe^^^

ive done this quite a few times. just be patient. its very time consuming and a major pita to break the pieces up and get them out the bulb socket.

grab a needle nose pliers and or wire snips. this helped me my last time. after you start breaking up the pieces of the reflector its hard to try and get them out of the socket hole, so what i did was take wire snips and grab a hold of a chunk and clamp down on it to break the piece up more, making it easier to pull out. if the chunk is to big for the hole DO NOT yank it out with all your might you will break shit this way and piss yourself off. it takes some time to find out where the sweet spot is inside the lens where you prop the reflector up and break it up with the screw driver and or needle nose.

good luck. this mod will really change/improve the look of your front end.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
or you can just on ebay uk and get a set of euro spec used ones for 40 shipped and keep your us spec once for inspections, ect...

·
Registered
490 Posts
How I did mine. Simple process if your patient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts