Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was my friends 21st birthday and after him and 3 other of my friends had had their share we decided to go cruise state. We figured we acted goofy enough sober so why not try it drunk. I was sober FYI. Well we are stopped at this 3 lane stop light and this chipped ford 350 and this corolla with basic exhaust start reving their engine and look over at me. SO I follow suit and the guy in the ford starts laughing at tell the corolla "Hey maybe we should let him have a head start. He might need it." I simply revd the engine harder. Well the light turned green and we were off..the corolla and truck got off the line sooner but I stayed close( my bummer to their front tire) till a little passed the intersection then I reached the rpms I wanted and the turbo took me from there. Needless to say by 60 mph the corrola was 2 1/2 car lengths behind and so was the truck. The corolla flash his hazards, but I didn't flash back. All I could think was.."Yeah I sure did need that headstart even with 3 other people in the car you stupid moron." Once again never underestimate the SAAB.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
happy birthday - and good pull! I've also noticed that a 9000 with poor boost (14.5psi peek, and 12psi holding) with a car load of ppl (5 total) and a trunk of god only knows can still take on those silly riced VW's and Hondas with ease - by several car lengths. I just find it amusing more then thrilling...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts