Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Hmm, I was wrong. I thought this was just non-tech people making rumors cuz their uncles and shit work at verizon. lol.

Either way, its gets to be on Verizons oldschool network that doesn't support data and voice at the same time.

I'll stick to a Samsung Captivate or nexus one on AT&T.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Either way, its gets to be on Verizons oldschool network that doesn't support data and voice at the same time.
Gawd I hate this argument. I am in no way a CDMA fan but this is ridiculous. How many times are you talking on your phone and surfing the web at the same time? None, STFU Luke Wilson.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hmm, I was wrong. I thought this was just non-tech people making rumors cuz their uncles and shit work at verizon. lol.

I'll stick to a Samsung Captivate or nexus one on AT&T.
*cough*cough*

Now, they're working to overcome it. A solution that will allow CDMA networks to carry voice and data simultaneously will become commercially available in the first half of 2011, said Brad Shewmake, spokesman for the CDMA Development Group, an industry organization.

Verizon iPhone;There's a Catch - WSJ.com
Gawd I hate this argument. I am in no way a CDMA fan but this is ridiculous. How many times are you talking on your phone and surfing the web at the same time? None, STFU Luke Wilson.
Agreed. Let me talk, and surf the web while I'm driving, eating my bagel and drinking my tea.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Dude take a relax. First of all, it shows the versatility of the network being pretty lame. Secondly, imagine how much easier it is to be on the phone and make a reservation, or having an argument with some fart face like Jameson and he can't look up the 0-60 times of a 1988 Plymouth Grand Voyager but you can!

Its just a feature, it shows progress.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a nice feature to have. It's like having a 4wd vehicle where I live. Comes in handy maybe 1% of the time.

I'll take the voice quality and reliability of VZW's network over AT&T's any day of the week.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Dude take a relax. First of all, it shows the versatility of the network being pretty lame. Secondly, imagine how much easier it is to be on the phone and make a reservation, or having an argument with some fart face like Jameson and he can't look up the 0-60 times of a 1988 Plymouth Grand Voyager but you can!

Its just a feature, it shows progress.
Grand SE: 14.55 seconds
Grand LE: 11.2 seconds

Sent from my AT&T iPhone

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I'll take the voice quality and reliability of VZW's network over AT&T's any day of the week.
LULZ

verizon can suck my nut. everywhere i have lived for more than a month in the past 5 years my roomates have had to use my phone because they cant get a signal on verizon.

how bout that "4g" they have thats like 1/8th the standard 4g speed?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The current 4G standard doesn't exist. It's exactly like 802.11n was in its infancy. It wasn't ratified, so vendors could do whatever the hell they wanted and claim it was 802.11n.

I didn't say Verizon's coverage was better. All I said was their network was more reliable and the voice quality was better. If you comparing two different networks and one doesn't even get coverage, it's obviously not a comparison. Obviously network coverage is dependent upon your area.

I have a phone on VZW(LG Env3[3G]) and one on AT&T(BB Bold [3G]). Both at 4 bars the quality of the call is much better on Verizon.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
verizon can suck my nut. everywhere i have lived for more than a month in the past 5 years my roomates have had to use my phone because they cant get a signal on verizon.
You poor, one-nutted bastard.

Oh, where did AT&T not work, let me count the states...

Colchester, Vermont
Washington, D.C. - nothing like sitting outside in SW on a warm summer night conducting all your phone business on the stoop while Turbo Dog watches cockroaches scurry about on the sidewalk
Disconnecticut (dirtbag side)
Labrador and Newfoundland - often while standing right next to PaulH and DeLorean who could chat away on their Verizon phones. That was neat.
Huntsville, Alabama - where journalism turned into a sweat shop because the only places my AT&T phone worked were the front stoop (again) and the garage - but only with the door open. I had to set up shop with my laptop in both places in order to get any work done.
Jersey City, New Jersey - again, the joy of standing next to someone with a ringing Verizon phone finally convinced me to boot AT&T. The NYT actually did a story about how bad AT&T coverage is in this area because they didn't plan for all the demand generated by the iPhone. Granted, that's not to say that hell isn't headed Verizon's way, though.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
weird.

been all over dc, and jersey city and never had an issue.

also, verizon does not allow me to communicate with my friend while he is in japan/vietnam/china.
Exchange Place neighborhood in Jersey City. Same for Paulus Hook. Notorious AT&T holes.

In D.C., the brick rowhouse I lived in defeated AT&T. But, unless you were scoring crack, you've never been to that neighborhood.

And, get a google phone. I chat with Codesplice all the time via gchat and he's half a world away.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
my wife's mom/stepdad are big iphone/at&t fans, wife & I are verizon

Took a 3-4 week trip out west summer of 09, tetons, yellowstone, glacier & back home. Of the entire trip there were a few days we had no signal usually when we were in the middle of yellowstone or in the middle of glacier. Camping areas & everywhere else we had a signal......Their AT&T didn't work the entire trip..... zero service in those parks or the surrounding area. Thus, it really depends on where you live......

My brother also is on AT&T, 9 out of 10 times I have better service then he does but sometimes his signal is better. Dropped calls, poor reception & all that is a lot higher with his network, but that's just Dayton OH

None of the new "4g" networks are close to true 4g.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
U.S. Cellular still charges extra for a "nation wide" plan. Lame.

AT&T sucks where I live now. I complained and got 1/2 off my last bill, bought a micro cell for 50 bucks and now I can actually call from indoors. Sure I paid to get service that I all ready paid for, but what else could I do. Still under contract and still mostly happy with AT&T.

I was on Verizon for a while, and they were just peachy, but that was some 3 years ago. I guess I have just gotten used to dropped calls because I always live in the bonnies.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I never have issues anyway i go with AT&T, the whole "my carrier is better" thing is annoying as hell, certain carriers perform better in certain areas, AT&T's weak spot was in NYC (i suppose still is) and surrounding areas, although things have improved greatly in the past year, its still not perfect. In my area our coverage is neck and neck with vzw, they are stronger in a few spots, AT&T is stronger in a few spots. All that i know is that where i live and travel, i don't have issues and my data connection is much faster (i see 3mb plus on average, a few places it drops to around 2 on the outskirts of town). I had Verizon for work a couple of years back and it was less than stellar, voice sounded more muffled and i had dropped call issues when traveling. In other words, i go by what works for me where i need it, if Verizon works for you, use it, more power to you. I'm just sick of all the Verizon elitists. AT&Ts dropped call rate is either .01% or .001 or something, not exactly horrible. Thats all i have to say. lol

Oh and i do use simultaneous data and voice atleast once a day, either looking up something on my calendar, referencing an email, or using google maps or an app, so i find it to be a useful feature.

now i'm done, promise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts