Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as i love laughing at little rabbits, i'm gonna have to redirect my laughing towards a commercial recently being aired including the new Toureag and the guy's ex-girlfriend.. haha one of few good things to come out of VW in a while ....the commercial that is

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
no, i don't think it would be good if vw would go broke, because then my friends bugatti, lamborghini, and audi would be gone as well. even though it's basically impossible for vw to leave the scene.
the vw w12 is a pretty cool car.

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
saabguy said:
no, i don't think it would be good if vw would go broke, because then my friends bugatti, lamborghini, and audi would be gone as well. even though it's basically impossible for vw to leave the scene.
the vw w12 is a pretty cool car.

~justin
the W12 is NOT a car - it's the Phaeton - another example why VW has gotton too powerfull, and it has the W12 as an optioned motor - the W8 is standard. For the $120,000 base price the W12 is inserted. However at a mere $80,000 you can get a base Phaeton with the W8... fully loaded with a W12 you are near $140,000 - for a Frikkin Volkswagen..... The god damn bugatti has even take the platform from a VW phaeton to build their latest and greatest car.... Audi can live and make do on their own if they had too - as any of the other companies. VW has dominated the market for far too long. And rather then go broke - I think a severe loss in business would far better them - give them a taste of what they deserve for monopolizing the industry and going back to their roots before "the peoples car." You know what I mean. And what happened to "the peoples car?" Can the peopl (everyone) really afford a VW? A Base price on a 2005 GTI is $20,000 - which really isn't all that bad - but look at what it get's you;
Base MSRP $19,510
Engine: 1.8L Turbo 180 HP 4 Cylinder STD
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual STD
Tires: P205/55R16H AS STD
Wheels: 6.5J x 16" Alloy STD
Fully Reclining Front Sport Bucket Seats STD
Cloth Seat Fabric STD
Monotone Paint Application STD
Radio: Premium AM/FM Cassette/CD STD
Destination charge $575
Total MSRP*: $20,085
Vs. a Bone Stock - STD Neon SRT-4
Model

- 2005 SRT4 M Pkg. $20,650.00
Colors
- Primary: Orange Blast Pearl Coat $150.00
- Interior: Dark Slate Gray Included
Power
- 2.4L I4 DOHC 16V H.O. Turbo Engine Included
- 2.6 Overall Top Gear Ratio Included
- 5-Speed Manual Transaxle Included
Options
- Premium Cloth High-Back Bucket Seats Included
- 205/50R17 89Y BSW Performance Tires Included
- 17" x 6.0" Aluminum Wheels Included
- 6 Speakers Included
- AM/FM Stereo with CD Player and CD Changer Controls Included
- Air Conditioning Included
Base Price$20,650.00
M Pkg.$0.00
Options$150.00
Accessories$0.00
Destination$545.00
MSRP$21,345.00 *
Net MSRP
$21,345.00 *
Clearly VW is overrated.

Just my opinions remember - and yes - I am clearly biased.... :twisted:

·
Registered
352 Posts
ewww.....comparing a gti to an srt-4

they both suck

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
saabvos said:

they both suck

I was just trying to pick two cars which feel the same inside - but are far from th same under the hood - yet the prices are about the same. Also kept it to a 4banger vs. 4 banger

·
Registered
352 Posts
i was just messing with you BS

Also kept it to a 4banger vs. 4 banger
that reminds me of that commercial where the jeep cherokee v8 is being compared to a 3 series bimmer and an audi tt

comparisons of the kind are not allowed!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
in that jeep audi and bmw commercial, they are saying how it has better acceleration than those cars, so they are compairing it in the class of 0-60 not size or body style, then they go to say how it's not only fast but can go places those cars can not.

and jeff, the w12 is a car, concept or not, it's still out there, you can say cadillac 16 to someone, and they'll know the car.

w12:

~justin

·
Registered
299 Posts
wow thats pretty nice but it looks like they ripped off lambo

EDIT: and salem S7

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
lol, love that part about the ripped off lambo, the company they own, that's pretty funny.

and how did they rip of the saleen s7? because it has little louvres in the front bumper?

~justin

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
saabvos said:

they both suck

Ok I actually like VW's and have even owned a few in my day so I never wish them to go out of business. But then do the real comparison between a real priced on the lot GTI --- 27,000 and say a Lancer Evo VIII at say 29,000 and then you will see why the GTI is overrated for what you pay. VW is on the right track though with cars like the R32 and the soon to come out R36. VW has always been a day late and a dollar short in the performance market of cars but they do have pontential and will someday get better. The 1.8T motor was voted most tuneable motor of all the 4Cyl European motors in production so atleast the platform is good now they just need to refine it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts