Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to an aluminum larger square intercooler from a Volvo. It was previously used on a turboed Civic, and has an inlet of 2.5". The core is about an 1.5" thick and about 1.5' tall.

Do you think it would be a good upgrade, comparable to a custom Spearco made to stock dimensions? Or should I not waste my time custom fitting it?

·
7,595 Posts
That's a big intercooler and it's an upgrade some people with C-900's do. the thing is fricking huge, and I'm sure it's better than a stock NG-900 intercooler, however I doubt that it's going to fit... Also, just about anything made by Spearco should out flow that cooler...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh...so not worth the time huh?

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you had access to two of them, you could weld them together to make a "double core" which would flow about as well as most spearco's for like a quarter the price.

Also check out ww.bellintercoolers.com ... which I find much cheaper than spearco, and just as high quality. :)

At any rate, the Volvo probably won't fit as has been said. So meh.

Adrian~

·
Registered
20 Posts
how much better would a spearco intercooler be than a viggen intercooler? im just wondering because im looking to upgrade my ic.

-Frank

·
Registered
361 Posts
Depends on the size, if it's done right, a LOT better.

But the Viggen intercooler only really affects spool up. The question really should be how much more does it cool. A Viggen intercooler with a water sprayer would be a good setup.

Spearco and Bell Intercoolers both make good upgrade units. You'll just need someone handy with a TIG welder to make a custom fit for your car. Or you can pay the $1,000 for some Tuner's IC. :?

Adrian~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts