Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting onto the 405 Southbound today at Vallew View (in Orange county) and had an older guy in an AWD Volvo 860 T5 that I had passed getting to the onramp who was staying nice and close to my tail end. The traffic light was on and is one that allows 2 cars at a time to go when it hits green. Well light turns green and I decide to shake off this old guy and get moving onto the freeway. I floor it and take off in Sport Mode and this 860 is right on my butt still!!! We get to the end of the onramp which is about an 1/8 mile or so down and I am slowly pulling away on him now when we get on the freeway. Next to my surprise he catches up to me and is sitting side by side with me at 70mph so I I put it to the floor again and it took me until 90mph to start to shake him. After 95mph he was not able to keep up!

I was not aware that the Volvo had that much pull to it!!

But nonetheless another one bites the dust!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mike saunders said:
That T5 has 220 hp stock....

It will get up and go in a hurry.
So I found out today!! It was all I could do to get my measly 205HP moving to leave him in the dust. I am not sure but Ithink it had atleast exhaust done to it and it was nice and purty shiny black.

I agree with Burns there that it would make a great junk hauler or C900 tow vehicle....... :oops: Atleast for when mine breaks down knock on wood!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
850s only have auto trans unless you get one from europe :lol: sucks for volvo people

1 - 8 of 8 Posts