Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ey guys i was hoping i could get some advise before getting a halfshaft/carrier bearing for my viggen im assuming its a 9-5 half shaft since its the whole b235 setup but im not sure if its a 9-3 do to the chassis

also im not using a/c if anyone knew what belt i should be using for that setup.?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
What exactly are you looking to replace? If you've just got a noisy bearing, tear down the assembly and replace just the bearing. If you've got broken pieces, the carrier is really the same as a 9-3 or 9-5 with manual tranny. The actual shaft must be from a viggen

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
he's looking to get the intermediate shaft
(shaft that goes from the trans to the pass side axle)
possibly axles too
eeuro lists the intermediate shaft as a Viggen only part, the 9-5's have a different part number.

Axle carrier bearing should be the same.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
If you have a Viggen, do not even consider a 9-3s/se axle/half shaft. Not sure anyone has physically measured them but I would go by the part numbers eeuro has. They will list parts and what cars they are compatible with. If you have other questions give Nick at GenSaab a call.

·
Registered
671 Posts
true!

9-5 shaft will be too long, 9-3 shaft too small (diameter). No cheat here. I was just in a similar jam with a viggen 5 speed tranny
The Viggen middle axle (the intermediary drive-shaft) si unique: splines and interior diameter of 9-5 (F35 gearbox) but the lenght of a 9-3OG (F35 gearbox).
So yeah....you`re kinda forced to find the Viggen one (if I am not mistaking, I got one...but I am in Europe) :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts