Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, you can put a viggen rear spoiler on a 900 right??? If so where can one be purchased?/?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Phil,

You can pan gold in the rivers of Northern California, and hunt for oil in your back yard and have more luck than trying to find Viggen body parts that haven't been wrecked and aren't being offered for a king's ransom.

They're out there, though, so you might just have lightning strike...

·
10,303 Posts
If you ar planning on doing the front end, you need alot of stuff, like new foglights, foglight plugs, bumper brackets, fog light brackets, and tons of misc trim parts. It is posible, I am trying to finish my front end, but it takes forever, and I figure I should just get everything and have it and half the car painted at the same time.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
He asked for the rear spoiler and you guys give him hell :wink:

Call up your local saab dealership, the cost is around $1000, that's right three zeros for the rear viggen spoiler. It's in two pieces, a bottom piece that sits on the 900 rear, and the top piece. If you have a spoiler on your 900 right now you will have to remove it.

Other than the dealership, try your local junk yard, but good luck, it's a rare find.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
What was I going to tell him, that almost every NG900 owner is looking for the exact same thing? :lol:

Just don't go looking in Eastern Massachusetts or Southern NH...that's my turf!!!

Rob's right about the prices, which are about in the range of selling first-born sons. The booty flap goes for about a grand and the cheapest I've seen the nose is at genuinesaab for $575, not including shipping. The side skirts are another $200 each. The wing is made of some special material called unobtainium, 'cause it's impossible to find!

So, for $2,000 you can make your NG900 look like a Viggen. For that much money, you can make your NG900 outperform a Viggen!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
mike saunders said:
Phil,
You can pan gold in the rivers of Northern California, and hunt for oil in your back yard and have more luck than trying to find Viggen body parts that haven't been wrecked and aren't being offered for a king's ransom.
They're out there, though, so you might just have lightning strike...
I got struck by lightning twice then. I found a Viggen front bumper for $80 and the rear bumper for $200. The rear bumper was brand new but the front had some miles on it and a small crack that I fixed. It cost me $100 to have them painted because a friend of a friend works at a paint shop. Looks good so far. I'm having more paint mixed up and I'm going to paint the lower trim and headlight covers soon.

However this perfect story ends here. There are still a lot more parts that are needed to complete the Viggen kit. I had to modify the stock bumper frame and foam to fit the bumpers. I need four plastic brackets at $30 a piece to correctly mount the bumpers, the rears are partially secured with wire for now. Fog lights run about $80 each for used ones. I need to get the black paneling from the Viggen that's below the engine, the stock paneling isn't long enough and you can seen the ground through the bumper, looks funny. The wheel arches don't match up with the bumper ends, looks okay for the most part except if you see it up close.

Even with a great deal on the bumpers it is still a lot of work to put together the Viggen kit, I still need the side skirts and spoiler.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Looking good Eric...keep up the good work.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
That's looking sweet, Eric. You have any suggestions for lottery numbers?

I need to broaden my salvage-yard horizons, 'cause there's nothing available in Massachusetts at those prices. This area has the highest number of Saabs per capits -- or did in the late 90s -- so the junkyards are pretty familiar with good parts and their prices. I still dream of catching some clueless old rube and offering him $50 for a front bumper....

I might have to wait a couple of years until more are wrecked, tho...

(not to bring bad karma down on anyone....)

·
10,303 Posts
Wait, new sideskirts for $200? :shock: Where at?

Mike Saunders, where can I get them that cheap, Goldwing wants me to buy my other side for $300.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Wait, new sideskirts for $200? :shock: Where at?
:?:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eric, what's the link to your site now? Im not getting anything with the one i used to use

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I don't think its working right now.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought the front bumper off of a Viggen owner. The bumper was in good shape but was damaged by a plastic barrel and he had his insurance replaced it. He said he wanted $100 for the front bumper and I offered him $80. For the rear bumper I traded my two 17” wheels to a dealership for $240 credit towards the bumper and then paid the $200 difference. The wheels cost me $25 each so technically the rear bumper cost me $250, but it’s still a good price.

As for side skirts I’m going to try and make them myself. Removing my stock side skirts I’m going to attach foam to them and carve them in a similar design as the Viggen skirts. Then I’m going to cover them in fiberglass, Bondo imperfections and paint. It will cost me $80 to $120 to do both skirts, depending on how much fiberglass I need. Should be fun.

Bought a new exhaust tip to match the Viggen exhaust. It’s a twin port oval and fits the bumper perfectly. Came from a BMW 318, got it on Ebay for $35.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts