Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I have decided:

I want a VIGGEN, coupe (2 doors-hatchback), Yellow Monte Carlo.
If someone hear something about one, just let me know!

An important notice: since I am going to import it to Romania and register it here, it can also be a salvaged title from US, so that widen a little my chances, right?

Thanks for offers!

Lucian

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I wish you luck; Ive only ever seen one in person

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
It might be tough since your across the ocean... None around you in Romania?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
none

Actually, no Viggen has ever been registered (and almost sure not even driven) in Romania.
Frankly, the shape of the coupe is so nice, that I really want one...YMC.
Or any other color and I will repaint it, FTW!
Shipping would be some 1.500-1.800 USD, from NY to Constanta (Black Sea port)...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Actually, no Viggen has ever been registered (and almost sure not even driven) in Romania.
Frankly, the shape of the coupe is so nice, that I really want one...YMC.
Or any other color and I will repaint it, FTW!
Shipping would be some 1.500-1.800 USD, from NY to Constanta (Black Sea port)...
Those are pretty rare even in the US. I believe only 16 were coupes and all of them were 2000. I don't believe that statistic at all to be honest. You'll have a hard time finding a yellow one.

I saw a 1999 Monte Carlo with very low mileage on TSL for sale a year ago and that must be the rarest Viggen of all; it's probably the only 1999 MCY Viggen coupe in the US.

I have a Monte Carlo Viggen convertible and I believe it's the only one in Canada; it was imported from the US. It took me 3 years to find it.

Good luck on your search

·
Registered
610 Posts
I saw a 1999 Monte Carlo with very low mileage on TSL for sale a year ago and that must be the rarest Viggen of all; it's probably the only 1999 MCY Viggen coupe in the US.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that all the '99 Viggens were LB

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
They were, atleast all of the ones available to public. I just barely missed out on a black 99 coupe, no sunroof, that was used by Saab @ the Viggen academy, this was back in '02

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that all the '99 Viggens were LB
Correct but with the exception of a few that that were made for the Viggen flight academy. I think one was silver, one was black and one was red. The yellow one was kept at the headquarters for a while IIRC from the guy's ad

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very interesting. Learn something new everyday, those are then really rare. Would be nice too find one of those from the flight academy.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My friend Matt's 2nd MCY Viggen. This ones a 2000. His first was a 1999 MCY Flight Academy Viggen. Dumb bitch on the phone rear ended him at 65mph. Good luck finding one that someone wants to give up.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
My friend Matt's 2nd MCY Viggen. This ones a 2000. His first was a 1999 MCY Flight Academy Viggen. Dumb bitch on the phone rear ended him at 65mph. Good luck finding one that someone wants to give up.
What, pray tell, did her insurance company give him for it?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
He needed to hire a lawyer to get the full value and to show the rarity of the car. It didn't have a sunroof and had very low miles but being a true 1999 it was hard for a claims adjuster to see that it even existed. maybe under 4k when he git it around 8k when it was totaled . Well they gave him enough to go to a dealership in 2001 or 2002 and buy another mcy viggen.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
He needed to hire a lawyer to get the full value and to show the rarity of the car. It didn't have a sunroof and had very low miles but being a true 1999 it was hard for a claims adjuster to see that it even existed. maybe under 4k when he git it around 8k when it was totaled . Well they gave him enough to go to a dealership in 2001 or 2002 and buy another mcy viggen.
Wait...he ended up with enough money to buy a NEW one?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The "new one" was from California but for sale at Wigwam Saab (assholes) in Rhode Island . It had under 10k on odometer, so new to him. I believe he had extra $$$ after the purchase, so he did very well in the settlement.

Two 2 dr Viggens in RI that I know of...the right one is my friends

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hmmmm, this is giving me the urge to take the MCY Viggen vert out for a spin even though the snow hasn't melted outside yet :D

The fact there are at least 2 3 dr MCY Viggens in RI only tells me that all the statistics we see regarding Viggen numbers and the rarity of the yellow ones is a lie and that pisses me off. Supposedly, there's only 16 3dr MCY Viggens in all of the US.

There was supposedly 1 1999 3 dr MCY Viggen that belonged to the academy. Your friend had one that was totaled and the other one was up for sale last year on TSN. That's double the official number and there are probably more out there. The same goes for the 1 black 1999 with flame red interior inserts We either see it changing owners too often and changing states every few months or there are more than 1;

By the way the flight academy cars didn't make it as a part of the official statistics since all 1999s were 3 dr LB Viggens

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There is at least one, I think I've seen two different ones in Pittsburgh.
See that's the reason I don't believe the statics. 2 were totaled (though may be back with a salvage title )If there are at least 2 in RI and maybe 2 in Pittsburgh, Imagine how many there are in California, NH and Florida :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts