Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys well I just nursed my car home. Heres the story just left work got on the highway went to get off the highway and put it in second as I was decelerating it grinded I though I might have not pushed in the clutch all the way. So I put it in first and pull away from the stop sign then put it into second around 20 mph. pulled up to about 40 and it popped out of gear. I go to put it in 3rd same thing. I put it in 4th and it stays but the shifter moves forward and pops out of gear unless I hold it in. So without 2nd and 3rd gear i had to drive home in 1st at a whopping 15mph for about 5 miles. could have been worse I guess. But on to further investigating... I popped the hood and was thinking a mount went to shit I put the car in first and peaked under the hood while it was open to see if the motor moved alot and it didnt really move much more than normal I would say. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
linkage

hello mate, possibly as well as engine mounts could dodgy linkage maybe give same symptoms. your clutch works fine in first eh.
hope u work it out.
ps. i am just guessing , i know nothing

good luck

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I replaced the front and rear motor mounts with Gs poly ones and to no surprise it didnt fix my problem. I messed around with the linkage and nothing got any better. I took it to a saab tech friend and he came to the conclusion that the tranny is junk. I am in the process of looking at my options... Correct me if im wrong but isnt the og 9-3 tranny the same as the viggen box but the viggen has the 9-5 diff? is the gearing the same? Because I was thinking if they were the same to just get a nice low mileage 9-3 tranny and a LSD(viggen) to put back in there. I was looking at the 6spd gear set and it would be tough to come up with the money for that and the lsd.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I read that a while ago but didnt seem to clarify whether the gearing is the same? I really want to do the quaife 6spd but its just too much money to spend right now especially with my vacation coming up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts