Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I am interested in adding tcs to my Viggen, but I am struggling with the tech 2 programming side. I have added a tcs abs module, tcs switch and the required p-bus wiring. In order to activate the system, I have been told that I need to change the VIN to a model year that offers tcs, then reprogram the miu, then select the 5.3 abs module. I have been attempting to do this, but the miu part does not seem to be working because I can't get the tcs, tcs off and abs lights to illuminate, despite being able to communicate with all modules. Can anyone help? I know this is possible because I had it done to another T7 9-3. Cheers Chris

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
Interesting, never heard of someone doing this personally.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
also, if this is a MY99 viggen, you may also need to do something with the MIU, because MY99 speedos do not work with TCS equpt ABS models

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's been a few years since was reconfiguring the bus system, but there should be a menu option for read/write bus configuration. That should allow you add the abs to the bus, as long as you have both can high and low wires installed correctly.

As asked, why add tcs? the only reason i see would to be able to run e-85. I'm also currios how this turned out for the OP, as I've toyed with the idea. Just have determined if its really worth it to run E-85, mainly due to laziness of locating a gas station that carries it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts