Saab Link Forums banner

Viggen suspension and tranny seals

821 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ciscowned 
#1 ·
So I took the Vig in (lol?) to get my suspension and steering looked at because I'm lazy, inexperienced, and it was cheap. Aside from a leaking strut, bad strut bearing, and a tie-rod end that needs replacing, they found that I'll need a shaft seal and inner driver seal. As expected, the parts are ridiculously expensive coming from them (of which I'm convinced they didn't quote the right parts to begin with), and I can get OEM parts for an extreme fraction of their quote, and I'm not afraid to actually work on this.

I've searched both TSL and SC for some infos, but didn't find much regarding the driver seal.

The suspension issues give me an excuse to upgrade my suspension. My question/s is/are: Do the Koni dampers come with everything I need? And is installing them pretty easy?

As for the transmission seals: Is this seal (at the bottom of the page)the correct inner driver seal and is this the correct shaft seal (at about the middle of the page)?

Also if somebody in the area wants to help me with this I would appreciate it and probably buy you quite a few beers.

#3 · (Edited)
I didn't expect them to be cheap at all. And it isn't going to be cheap when you're using original Saab parts. They were almost spot on for part cost, so they probably weren't making a much, if anything, on the parts. I mainly wanted to get a few things checked and see the place in case there was something I couldn't do. They did a good job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.