Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i was woundering if someone can help me out? Ok for awhile now i was woundering if a viggen wing can be mounted on my ng900 the stock spoiler isnt doing it for me anymore and that huge wing on genuine saabs site is my last resort, I know i would half to remove the antenna thats not a problem, can anyone think of anything else that could be an issue and where can i purchase one at? I checked the saab catalog and no luck. Thanks guys

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
the viggen spoiler is nice, but it's like a grand! you can get a whole body kit for that price, or put your ride on Eibach's and adjustable Koni's! :shock: :shock:

taliaferro has the "aero" spoiler. It came on 9-3 SE HOT (called "aero" in europe") and in europe that car had the viggen kit but with this "pedestal" style spoiler instead of the costly viggen one. I think it looks really nice, I may swap my turbo spoiler for it at some point, it is much cheaper at close to 300 IIRC??? and it should mount right on.

If you have your heart set on the viggen spoiler, check junkyards and ebay, and hope you get lucky, or be willing to fork out some serious cash....

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I'd just stay patient for a little while longer. Kevin Yankton is working on some Carbon Fiber Viggen spoilers.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey may see this thread and post. I think he's just working out some adjustments with his molds, and finding the best way to fill the spoiler once the two sections are brought together. Then he'll start selling.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I Wonder how this spoiler works at high speeds keeping the down force on the car. When I get my car ready for tarmac rally I think I’m going to go with a aftermarket one. I know it looks awesome but does it perform as well as it looks?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
snow4_1man said:
I Wonder how this spoiler works at high speeds keeping the down force on the car. When I get my car ready for tarmac rally I think I'm going to go with a aftermarket one. I know it looks awesome but does it perform as well as it looks?
not sure about the spoiler itself, but the Viggen body kit actually reduces lift and is very efficient aerodynamically. Forgot the actual percentage, but it is more than just more looks, it is truly functional. I would assume the spoiler is highly functional as well. Might be worth some research anyways.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey guys, I am working on the Viggen style spoiler and have the molds done. I am just working out the best way to join the two pieces. I should have prototypes within the next couple weeks. I will post some higher resolution pics soon, but am working with the supplier to ensure water clear finish, bubble free. I will keep you posted.

Kevin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Sounds good. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Wow, did someone say carbon fiber viggen spoiler.....count me in

Any chance we could start up a "buy" or "interest" list....would probably help Kevin get that first batch developed.

regards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts