Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Name: Drew

Means of contact: PM

Price: $75.00 shipped CONUS, or trade, trade+cash, items below (or others). Payment via Paypal. Will ship via USPS within 2 business days of Paypal receipt.

Description:

Viggen Left Hand Front Driver's Side Jack Pad Cover, 5124458 Replica. Fully functional replacement for Saab Part Number 5124458.

See pics. The tab for the safety retainer is undersized on this piece and there's some bubble entrainment on the backside. Looks and fits like stock factory piece otherwise.

Piece is in black primer and will need to be prepped/painted.

Possible Full or Partial Trades w/cash for new/used Saab stuff welcome. Lets make a deal! Items I'm looking-for:

2000 9-5 Aero Wagon stuff: rear cargo area nets/dividers, cargo area cover, factory wood steering wheel, other optional doodads and whatnot. Suspect that I need new speed control and heat control for heated vented seats. E-brake surround leather and plastics, possibly entire center piece (automatic). Load bars for factory roof rack

OG9-3 stuff, 3/5 door: unmolested factory interior pieces, rear cargo shelf tray, rear cargo net, cargo area rubber floor, wheel liners, Viggen front under tray stuff, Viggen grill screen, ACC control, SID2

OG9-3 convertible: tonneau cover flaps, factory behind the seat windscreen w/mounting hardware

T7 Stuff: known good DIC, throttle bodies, MAF's

Pictures:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is this the second one you have made the one on eBay sold? An nice custom made I am in need of one for my viggen an really want this but the price is a bit to high for me anyways glws

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is this the second one you have made the one on eBay sold? An nice custom made I am in need of one for my viggen an really want this but the price is a bit to high for me anyways glws
This is actually like the 10th or 12th one I've made on this mold set lol. I needed two for myself, sold one already, and this is another good one. Lots of bad ones though; some look great but are too brittle, some had voids from what I found was contamination, etc., etc...

Now I have the basic process down pretty good I think, but continue to get inconsistent results occasionally. Lately I'm trialing some new material that I think will be an improvement.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO this is a great deal for something that is NLA

Great job Drew
Thanks man. They're a bit of a pain to make, I have some time and money invested, and I think the asking price is fair. Especially considering they're no longer available anywhere and I'm asking less than what the originals cost shipped to the buyer's door.

If anyone else wants to figure out how to make 'em, spends the money to trial stuff etc, and then wants to under cut me on pricing, they're certainly welcome to do that. :)

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
:th_MySaab900Like:
Thanks man. They're a bit of a pain to make, I have some time and money invested, and I think the asking price is fair. Especially considering they're no longer available anywhere and I'm asking less than what the originals cost shipped to the buyer's door.

If anyone else wants to figure out how to make 'em, spends the money to trial stuff etc, and then wants to under cut me on pricing, they're certainly welcome to do that. :)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are/do you have molds for the other 3?
There's a front-passenger side mold (just made for myself, I needed one). I may make the others too. The next one that will likely be made will be the front tow hook cover, I needed one of those and bought a brand new piece, so I may make the mold before I put it on the car. It's much easier to make the mold from a good piece without having to clean up rock chips, etc.

However, I don't have any plans to sell any of those right now. You can still buy those brand new out of stock; my intent is most definitely NOT to undercut the factory. Once they aren't available and/or out of production then I may make a few if people are looking for them.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sold.

Related, the new material trials went great; new advertisement coming. The new material is less expensive, easier to work-with, has much less variability overall...which means fewer bad pieces and wasted material and time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yah it snapped right in an I am afraid to take it off cus it's such a tight fit look great an fits way better then the other three on the car I don't have to worry about it falling off really nice work I just have to paint in now lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts