Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long should it take to do the swap itself i'm not talking about taking off the front end and putting it back on, but the rerunning of the pipes, disconnections, draining, reconnections and coolant refill...you get the idea

·
Registered
145 Posts
I can't say swapping from a dual pass to single pass (Viggen IC) but I recently switched from a VIC to an aftermarket IC and the fitting took about 6 hours. I think you could do the VIC swap in around 3 without having to do any metal work.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Good luck. If your good with tools, then you might get it done, but most likely not.

The piping is totally different, and you'd have to remove your bumper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Took me about 4 hours to do mine one my own. Mine you I never rush any job. :roll:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Alright i'm installing a viggne IC right now but i have run into some bastard lines in my car. "See pics" i cant get around these pipes for a bend that i need to connect to the intercooler.

Its like 25F outsite and its not getting any warmer, i;m in my snowboard clothes trying to do this shit.

Has anytbody run into this problem when installing there viggen IC?

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
144 Posts
My solution to the tight area you are describing was to bend the A/C (I believe that is what they are) lines slightly and working the hose onto the Turbo. After I did that Dean (Saabnet) mentioned that if you cut the hose approx. 1/2" at the Turbo end it fits much better.

As for time to install, the first time I did it with my '96 900 it took a good length of time, I took my time. The second time around on my '99 9-3 I was able to do it in under one hour, but I did not have to deal with the coolant hose as I already had the bent one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts