Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmmm.......hmmmmmm............idk im in between with this one. I"ll go with "it looks ok". Maybe would look better with spacers? Would make sexy winter wheels.
LOL that is exactly what I was thinking. Only thing is that I don't drive the Viggen in the winter, soooo. ;)

They do look better on the 900, so i'll definitely keep them around for that (at the least) and I like these if I ever did have to drive the Viggen in the winter. I have 16" snows, but they look way to small n the Viggen, so these would work.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I have a love for Klingons, so i think it looks great. Just needs to be lowered a bit and the rears need to be spaced out like you guys already mentioned. 15-20mm spacers would probably fill out the rear very nicely

·
User
9,193 Posts
It's weird... I have such mixed emotions on Kling-ons on Viggens. I think they look GREAT on silver Viggens that are lowered, and I think they look great in the front of your car, but something just looks off in the rear. Your's isn't the only one I think that about either, it seems to be a problem with Viggen's and kling ons.

I have a friend with a silver 5 door viggen that has cut springs lol, but it has kling-ons and it looks amazing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good use of available resources as a way to stave off spending for a while. But to me, Klingon wheels are an acquired taste that I'm not that fond of. Definitely an "eye of the beholder" thing.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
They look good, but I think the car would look best with 02-03 9-5 Aero Turbines OR double 3-spokes. One of those, combined with a darker tone of silver would work nicely too. I also bet a blacked out grille would help with the car too.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think spacers (rear) and 225/45/17s would help. I'm not sure how long these will be on the car, as the tires are almost dangerous in any kind of rain with the torque. - I had TC kick in at 60 today on the on-ramp on the way to work. (Didn't think it worked after 45) but they just suck in the rain. I almost felt like I was on ice. Tires are BF Goodrich re092s (they suck in anything but hot and dry weather)

If I get new tires for these rims they would be snows, so maybe think of spacers then. (I can't really imagine the viggen with snows on though.) ;) I'll put the 9-5 wheels back on when I can $ tires.

Thanks for all the opinions. it is cool to be able to change the look every once in a while.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I think the Klingons look good on a few cars, not just the 9-5.

3-door black 9-3s for example... unwashed of course.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts