Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I sold my Viggen a month or so ago and slowly searched for a new vehicle while relying on the train for my daily commute. In that time someone also ran my motorcycle over in my apartment complex! So I was really vehicle-less. Funny enough it worked out to my advantage since the bike was totaled and they gave me a $1,000 over blue book value for the bike. With the money I payed off the lien to the bike and threw extra money onto my down payment..making this payment less than my motorcycle per month!

On to the new car...MKV GLI Package 2(Leather recaros, Sat. radio, sunroof, dual climate control) 6 speed manual. 37k miles with a 2 year or 24,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Car is such an upgrade, it rides oh so smooth. Cruising at 90 mph on the highway feels like your going 65. While it doesn't pull like the stage 3 Viggen, its still a fun little car in stock form.

When the warranty comes to an end I plan on APR flashing and adding a down pipe, which should make for some fun. Until then, I'll enjoy her as she is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice man! My buddy had a previous model (2004) GLI and it was really nice. 3 inch turbo back and APR tune was really fun in that thing.

Sad to see the Vig go but glad you got a nice price for it and are happy with the GLI.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Congrats! GLI weighs 30 lbs less than my car, so even the coilovers are a direct bolt on.
Really? I didnt know they were that close in weight. I think I'm 300 lbs heavier than the GTI which is really nothing either.

Nice man! My buddy had a previous model (2004) GLI and it was really nice. 3 inch turbo back and APR tune was really fun in that thing.
Sad to see the Vig go but glad you got a nice price for it and are happy with the GLI.
I always had a thing for those 2004.5 GLI's with the BBS wheels and sleek body kit. I'm excited for a 3' TBE and tune on this one! Hows the Viggen? Are you still changing your mind daily on selling or keeping? I know I was lol..I will miss the Viggen for sure tho. Everytime I saw it sitting in the parking lot it put a smile on my face! Then I'd drive over the shitty roads here and cringe

Those are a fun car, my buddy had one and it really was a blast to drive it. Congrats
Thanks man, so far its a blast. We all know how that gets old quickly though:razz:

·
Registered
361 Posts
What year GLI? Guessing by the miles I would guess 07, maybe 08 so you probably have the FSI engine. Its a pretty good engine, Im more partial to the newer TSI though but thats just me having to work on them every day lol.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year GLI? Guessing by the miles I would guess 07, maybe 08 so you probably have the FSI engine. Its a pretty good engine, Im more partial to the newer TSI though but thats just me having to work on them every day lol.
Its actually an 06, so yes its the FSI engine. I plan on putting the eurojet PCV system with the catch can in, as well as a forge DV before any performance modifications.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts