Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed my headlights in about 10 min cause once i saw eric takin apart his whole front end i got the courage to take apart my car a little. I can probably do it on my own without help but it is always nice to know what ur doing ahead of time. I didnt have time today but i want to change out my fogs tomorrow. when i was changing my headlight bulbs i saw the wires running to the fogs and im sure i could change them from the engine compartment by just reaching down, but i can really see that much. Also i dont know how easy it would be to get under the car, it could be a pain in the ass, but whatever it takes. please help if u have changed ur fogs on a viggen before.

·
10,303 Posts
Um, yes and no. I have 9-3 fogs, meant for a Viggen front end eventually. What I would suggest doing is reaching down, and just twisting the bulb out. Then kinda pulling up the bulb and harness till its easier to work with.

I haven't monkied with the lights in a while, just give that a shot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i assumed it would be easy, im just worried about breaking the fogs or dropping a bulb by doing something stupid....its just the access or akward.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok.....umm yea. i was changing my fogs today and i was changing the left fog first cause that was the one that was out. So i got the old burned out bulb out all good and then i was trying to put the new one in. It wouldnt stay in the actual socket thing that u gotta put back in the light housing. So i tried to put it in and it falls out in the light housing so i gotta reach down to get it. It was fine but the bulb wont stay in the socket. is this odd or is it just a pain in the ass to do.....anyway i ended up not getting crap done cause it got dark. please help.....by the way the fogs are h1 bulbs

·
Registered
298 Posts
not to jack ure thread but just a question, for a 98 900 se is it an H3 bulb for a fog light?

I have to replace the bulb in my parents car this weekend so I was just wondering ahead of time. And also is it really hard to replace??

·
Registered
47 Posts
yes it is a h3, and it not that hard to change it is just time consuming because you have to take part of the under body off so that you can reach the last screw to get the fog light fixture out to change the bulb. their are three bolts holding the fixture in to in the front and one in the back. good luck.http://www.thesaabsite.com/900new/ngfoglightreplacement.htm
try this link for complete instrutions

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i changed the other sides bulb in about 5 minutes....just take out the side headlights and reach down. the left side i tried again after i got the right side it....i realized that the holder had come loose in it....so i got two screw drivers and sorta clamped the holder down and made it so it fit the bulb tightly......pretty easy once i got all that done.....they look hot too. im using philips clear vision in the headlights and the fogs.....not ricey clear and not gross yellow...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts