Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you could say that the Nordic software puts down good power. We made 287hp and 340 ftlbs at the wheels. With standard 15% drivetrain loss that is 340hp and 400FtLbs !!! :shock: I was a bit surprised so we made a few more runs just to be sure. 8) I posted a bunch of videos and car details on my TrollTuner.com site. Will get the charts up tomorrow. The key is matching hardware mods with proper software.

This explains why I was having such traction problems after changing back to stock P6000 tires for winter. :wink:

TrollTuner.com | GenuineSaab.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
Good stuff.., and that's a lot of power....(not to quibble, but I calculate 330hp and 391...given 15% drive train loss.) :p

Real curious to see how broad your range is, and see your air/fuel ratio. Cause that's one hell of an achievement... with a T7 :shock: 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Take 287 and divide it by the inverse of the loss (85) that gives you 1% of your power multiply that by 100 and you 337.6hp and do the same with the torque and you get 400.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
ricot83 said:
Vigge said:
Nice numbers,

is that 18T of yours with cutted blades or standard?
lol u said cutted.... lol thats not a word... i think u mean clipped
Who gives a, you know what :lol:
You might say "slipade" as well since that tbo is originally from swenden I believe...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
Chad W said:
Take 287 and divide it by the inverse of the loss (85) that gives you 1% of your power multiply that by 100 and you 337.6hp and do the same with the torque and you get 400.
I believe you are correct... I multiplied 1.15 * 287 to get my figures. :oops: ...when you divide by 85% your numbers at the crank are represented :) ....but really doesn't matter, because the only thing matters is the wheel hP & torque anyway.......

I guess it really does take an ECU to squeeze the numbers out of a t7 ...after hearing the complicated stories about them, didn't think it possible to get these kind of numbers.

Have to wonder if he using the same IC setup...didn't get a chance to review the upgrades...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
ricot83 said:
Vigge said:
Nice numbers,

is that 18T of yours with cutted blades or standard?
lol u said cutted.... lol thats not a word... i think u mean clipped
Technically "u" isn't a word either, and "U" used it twice. ;) Know any Scandenavian words not pertaining to Saab?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
DC_SAAB said:
Chad W said:
Take 287 and divide it by the inverse of the loss (85) that gives you 1% of your power multiply that by 100 and you 337.6hp and do the same with the torque and you get 400.
I believe you are correct... I multiplied 1.15 * 287 to get my figures. :oops: ...when you divide by 85% your numbers at the crank are represented :) ....but really doesn't matter, because the only thing matters is the wheel hP & torque anyway.......

I guess it really does take an ECU to squeeze the numbers out of a t7 ...after hearing the complicated stories about them, didn't think it possible to get these kind of numbers.

Have to wonder if he using the same IC setup...didn't get a chance to review the upgrades...
Remember, you are calculating a LOSS not a gain, so you would take 340 and subtract 15%, not take 287 and add 15%. 15% of 340 is more than 15% of 287.

A 15% loss would actually be ~ 338, but who's counting.

338 - 15%(50.7) = 287.3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
I like to think of it as whp is 85%(or 100%-drivetrain loss) of the total. That's how I remember it, but I still get confused from time to time :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top