Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi hows everyone doing? i was wondering if anyone has dynoed their viggen and knows wich wire you get the rpm signal from the DI? or if you can give me some info on hooking it up in the dyno thanks. wish everyone happy holidays..

·
Registered
465 Posts
i got dyno once that they took a signal from a phototach, its a reflective strip placed on a pully. Another time they took it off a DI wire and the signal wouldnt stay constant so it resulted in no torque readings. Not sure which wire it was tho...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Depending on the dyno you can usually pull a trigger signal off one of the leads to the DI - I think last time we were in the large grey/red lead send a decent signal, but I have been on other dynos with equipment that wasn't as nice that couldn't pull a clean signal.

Pull the boot back on the DI plug so you can see all 9 wires and just start trying them with an inductive pickup and see what works.

Drew

·
Registered
298 Posts
Depending on the dyno you can usually pull a trigger signal off one of the leads to the DI - I think last time we were in the large grey/red lead send a decent signal, but I have been on other dynos with equipment that wasn't as nice that couldn't pull a clean signal.

Pull the boot back on the DI plug so you can see all 9 wires and just start trying them with an inductive pickup and see what works.

Drew
+1...Did the same when mine was on the dyno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts