Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be one of the biggest mistakes of my life but, fudge it, I'll buy a vert!

So, I'm looking for anything, 900, 93, I don't mind (at this point) I just want to see my alternatives. Only thing is that it HAS to be manual (so my GF won't keep asking me to drive it!). Damn it, I don't even know what to look in a used vert. It's going to be a massacre but I want my next road trip to be done in a vert.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Yep, that's a c900 convertible. However, if you're going to go the dealer route, may I suggest these folks...

Swedish Motor Cars - Cars in Falls Church, Virginia.

Or...

S&S Auto Sales in Warrenton, but their Web site seems to be down. Hope they're still open....

Or...

http://www.meyersaab.com/ in two Iowa locations.

If you do go the classic route (and one of those damn ComEds was what started the whole thing for me), remember you are in the South. Most mechanics in Alabamy are going to ham-fist repairs on cars of that generation. Sad but true.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once again you have saved my life, my wallet, my dignity and my trip!

PS: I was waiting for you to call when you got to Bama :)

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Once again you have saved my life, my wallet, my dignity and my trip!

PS: I was waiting for you to call when you got to Bama :)
Ah, my 'Bama trip got cut a bit short by the weather and an unfinished project at work.

How was the first-ever recorded snow in Birmingham on Christmas Day? Must have been incredibly wacky....People were freaking out up in Huntsville, closing the roads and all.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Freaky! It was like they hadn't see snow again...

Today a customer I'm supposed to see this Tuesday (in Huntsville) called me and said: "We're expecting 3 inches of snow this weekend, maybe we should reschedule". OMG! 3" of snow! Run for your lives!!

God, I love this State!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Freaky! It was like they hadn't see snow again...

Today a customer I'm supposed to see this Tuesday (in Huntsville) called me and said: "We're expecting 3 inches of snow this weekend, maybe we should reschedule". OMG! 3" of snow! Run for your lives!!

God, I love this State!
My parents (and my dog *waves to Turbo Dog*) are still hanging out in Huntsville.

As for the three inches of snow, people were freaking out around NYC today about "the next big storm." We got...

a dusting. Literally. Some side roads are slightly slick but that's all.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Also, I can check in with Codesplice (he's scarce about these parts since he's several continents away from his Saab at present), but he grew up in B'ham and his parents drove Saabs. There might be a decent indy down that way. I think the dealer closed in the late summer or fall of 2009, though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aye, I've been there once (he doesn't touch the V6).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
should be able to find a decent one for half that or less, that won't need a whole lot of work.
on second thought I just checked Saabnet (I know it's not the cheapest of resources) but jesus, mary, and joseph, prices have gone up.

i paid too much for mine in 2007, but looking at the current listings, i got a deal!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
S&S Auto Sales in Warrenton, but their Web site seems to be down. Hope they're still open....
They're still open. I was just there yesterday talking to Margie Stanley, her daughter Nancy and Jeff Williams, one of the lead techs.

Margie's got Nancy's college tuition going on right now. She can't afford to close shop -- not to mention I'd be out of a local parts and get-out-of-mechanical-jail card....

Website seems fine to me: S & S Auto Sales

They sold me my 'vert and brokerred the deal on the Commem for me. Lots of very satisfied business with them.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
You were that close and didn't let me know you were in town??? I'm literally 10 minutes from there! Sirius disappoint...*

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
You were that close and didn't let me know you were in town??? I'm literally 10 minutes from there! Sirius disappoint...*
Oh no, this was years ago, back in the D.C.-living days. The last time I was through that area in general was on the train a few weeks ago. I had never been through the old section of Manassas and it looked kind of interesting from the train.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts