Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark your callendars folks - This will be the first year our (DeLorean and myself and many others) Motorsports group will be having a Saab section hosted by me! The date is November 6th (the 7th is the Rain date) Below is the flyer you can save and print off to fill out. There is a small registration fee to enter into the show (Which is what I plan to do) All funds go towards keeping our motorsports group which is Boy Scout Affiliated going. You will see classic and vintage Dragsters of all eras! There even is a swap meet section - food - and DJ. This is a time and event you can not miss! If you have friends or children that like or love cars - bring em down! See the flyer for ALL the details and more. I will be arranging some sort of meeting or bbq for the Saab guys and gals that show up. So mark that down - November 6th! there WILL BE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER A DYNO ON GROUND FOR RUNS! Prices will be from $65-$100 for different varriations of pulls and 1/4 mile times.

Here is the flyer - save this to you PC - Print it up and fill it out and send it to the given Address. Please ensure to write Saab Link or Saab Central in the club slot - and that I (Jeff Shore) will be your host for the event - so just write on the bottom of the form - Reference - Jeff Shore

Please post here if you plan to attend so I may know how many to account for, and expect to show up. I'm hoping to see a nice turn out. Teach these old guys a few things about Swedish Speed. DeLorean will be Dynoing his SPG this day for a second time to prove that point.
Hope to see you all there!

OCTOBER 23rd Iis the PRE-Registration Cut Off Date!

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is in Phili? i am def. in for the drive.. maybe i can get some DC saabers to go.. is this show only for saabers or is it an open show for all kinds of cars?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's about 40 minutes away from Philly - map quest the address - it's about 25 minutes from me I'd say. Basically you take 611 (easton Road) all the way to the exit - and about 6 miles left on exit you vere right onto elephant road and go down that fun twisty backwoods country road for about 3 miles and on your right - BAM Farm - big barn and lots of cars (that day). It's open to ALL cars - preferable the Vintage, Classic and Drag/Race cars, Street Rods and so on - but this year we are allowing a Saab section - if we have enough show up - and a VW section - if they show up. If you know someone with a modified car - tell em to call and see if they can register - but the other sorts will have priority - but we will find room for everyone! Feel free to pass it on - but this coming Saturday (23rd) is the CUT OFF DATE for pre-registration.

·
Registered
432 Posts
cool, in that case i may leave my saab at home and bring my 74 BMW

·
Registered
432 Posts
nice man!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome - so how many Saab's think they are going to show up?? We may be able to do a day of thing on the side - and keep the registration cheaper - but you won't be eligable for all the prizes we have.... but you can still register the day of for the higher price - but it's for a good cause - and might even be tax deductable :lol: Head count?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
900 Aero said:
registration is $15 the day of the show???? right :?:
yes sir - I wanna atleast have a BARE minimum of 5 Saabs sign up so we can cluster together - if I can't get that - I would just suggest comming to see the show - but if shane's in - that makes myself and him - DeLorean's prolly going to bring his Impala if he can make it start.... we need more heads!

·
7,595 Posts
yeah, I'm GOING to be there, or Joe would have a shit fit :lol: Yeah, I'll be bringing the impala once I get it's starter solenoid fixed. I'll probably have to pull the damn exhaust manifold to get to that one bolt! :evil:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so far the Saabs to be there are as follows:

• 900 Aero (Shane) - c900
    Paul H - notchback
    BurnsSide42 - 9000T (With the new headgasket and temporary intake)

DeLorean - 1991 Pontiac Sunbird 3.1 5-speed 4 door :shock:
    Aerolike9 - 1974 BMW

Hope more show up - but remember day of registration is still $15 - all proceeds benifit the Boy Scouts and Race against Drugs - (good causes)

Come on ppl - show up for a fun filled day of cars! :arrow:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
i'll be there man, i think im gonna get there around 10:00-10:30 but delorean said he and burnside are gonna be there at like 8am, but the show doest officially start till 9:30. so...i dunno :lol: . but they should be on later, i think theyre still fixing burnsides head gasket :shock: .

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
yeah, we just got burnssides car back together (took longer than expected) and it's running and boosting quite well. had to change the oil 3 times to get all the mud and crap out of the pan, and it's still not all out. also, the head tapped for about 20 min's after it was all done, that had us worried big time at first but it runs nice and quite now. I think the new valve seals Carlos did just needed to work their way in. In any case, turned out well, car runs great. I won't say we worked all too fast, but 1 day for a head gasket with all the difficulties we came upon... not too bad. didn't even get to my Impala, so that's not going to be there… I’ll probably drive the sunbird :x

anyway yeah me and BS are both going. look foward to seeing you guys there.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes - she's running great thanks again to DeLorean for the LOAD of help he's given me - I owe you for today - the hours just stacked up big time after tonite. As for the time we are rollin up - DeLorean and I are leaving here round 9am - so we'll be there 9:30-10am - we need SOME sleep. plus i gotta clean out the car and wash her :roll: :p But no question I'll be there - and with the Saab!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts