Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday while replacing the radiator and thermostat on the red SPG I broke a vacuum line. Parts of the line were fairly supple but the part that broke was brittle.

I see you can buy silicone vacuum hoses to replace the old hoses. Anybody have any experience with silicone hoses? Anybody have any recommendations?

Should a sealent be used where the hose attaches?

I believe the C900 has 4mm hoses - correct? Does it also have 6 mm hoses?

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated. Cheers.:)

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I get my silicone hoses from Verocious Motorsports. They sell a 3.5 mm. It will fit on the 4mm fittings in the c900 and guaranteed not to blow off. It's also a thick-wall platinum-cured silicone. Best part is, you can't beat their prices. Very quick delivery too.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
I get my silicone hoses from Verocious Motorsports. They sell a 3.5 mm. It will fit on the 4mm fittings in the c900 and guaranteed not to blow off. It's also a thick-wall platinum-cured silicone. Best part is, you can't beat their prices. Very quick delivery too.
x2

The 3.5 fits tight enough that it shouldn't blow off.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a follow up note. I ended up ordering around 40' of vac hose for my 2 SPGs and have started replacing the old. The 3.5 is great - fits nice and snug. I've only replaced a couple of weak / broken hoses for now but am carrying some hose in my break-down kit in case something gives while I'm driving.

Which is what happened this morning on the way to work - old hose let go of the intake manifold. So that one's next.

Incidentally, Verocious shipped pretty much right away - good service there - though UPS was stupid-slow. Took over 2 weeks!

Anyway thanks again for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.