1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Tim Satterfield

Means of contact: [email protected]

Price: $2400

Description: Complete matching serial drive train: Engine, Transmission, Turbo with ~105,000 miles on the odometer. ScanwestAuto is swapping in a rebuilt and enhanced drive train and will no longer need my existing stuff. All in good condition serviced by ScanwestAuto.

Also have a complete 'like new' Viggen OEM exhaust (downpipe, catback and muffler) that I can throw in to sweet the pot.

Drive train swap happens next week (week of 9/8/2014), so available anytime after that.

Prefer to sell as complete set, wiling to discuss individual item sale.

Prefer someone local unless you can help arrange shipping.
Pictures: Not available yet.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The yard out here sells bare B235 long blocks for about $1,100, with accessories and turbo something like $1,600-$1,700, plus the transmission is Viggen-only, sooooo....

If it's something you need, you gotta pay for it sometimes. Maybe a little higher than I'd want to pay, but I'm cheap.

Just playing devils advocate.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The yard out here sells bare B235 long blocks for about $1,100, with accessories and turbo something like $1,600-$1,700, plus the transmission is Viggen-only, sooooo....

If it's something you need, you gotta pay for it sometimes. Maybe a little higher than I'd want to pay, but I'm cheap.

Just playing devils advocate.
Dang, I get any engine here with turbo(s) manifolds, everything, even a harness for under $200.00... Make that back by selling the turbo alone sometimes.

Viggen trans is definitely worth something if the person buying it is not capable of making a hybrid.

Does that include axles, intermediate shaft, etc? Or just engine and transmission?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang, I get any engine here with turbo(s) manifolds, everything, even a harness for under $200.00... Make that back by selling the turbo alone sometimes.

Viggen trans is definitely worth something if the person buying it is not capable of making a hybrid.

Does that include axles, intermediate shaft, etc? Or just engine and transmission?
Well I had to start somewhere =). Just engine and transmission, turbo, + full stock exhaust that only has about 10k miles on it (it was swapped out for a bsr kit early on it the cars life).

There's nothing mechanically wrong with the drivetrain, just wear. It can just be dropped in with no repairs. Maybe wear on the clutch? Not sure, I'm pretty good with making clutches last, so I bet it still has a lot of miles left on it.

I just wanted a like-new experience with my viggen, so thus why im swapping in a spiffed up engine and transmission.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Shoot for the stars huh? 2400, wow.

Well I had to start somewhere =). Just engine and transmission, turbo, + full stock exhaust that only has about 10k miles on it (it was swapped out for a bsr kit early on it the cars life).

There's nothing mechanically wrong with the drivetrain, just wear. It can just be dropped in with no repairs. Maybe wear on the clutch? Not sure, I'm pretty good with making clutches last, so I bet it still has a lot of miles left on it.

I just wanted a like-new experience with my viggen, so thus why im swapping in a spiffed up engine and transmission.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts