Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new pair of the URO make corner lights on my 9-3 for a few weeks and now have moisture in BOTH! After inspection they are not even sealed properly. There is visible gaps into the the assembly between the clear plastic and the housing. Plus the fit is close but not as good as oem imo.

I may take it all apart and fix it myself but I'm not too impressed.

·
7,595 Posts
Hey now, the uro parts suspension components, as well as the heater hoses seem to be of good quality to me.

It does however sound like their lights are crap, especial if they are already leaking. Just get some good used ones off ebay - those won't leak.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I installed an URO tie-rod end last fall. Been holding up through the pot-holes thus far.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think that is the tough part of aftermarket manufacturers. Some stuff is oe quality or better and some stuff isn't worth a chance. At my shop we know what to order oem and what not to, but usually if something is a lot cheaper for aftermarket check napa or CQ for lifetime warranties, if you don't mind doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I bought a center support bearing for the M3 a few months ago - got it in the mail, and was surprised to find the support was half the thickness of the stock one and I could bend the mounting tabs with my bare hands.

Additionally, when I removed the part to install an OEM one the bearing split apart and ended itself in an elaborate fashion all over my garage floor. I'm very glad I didn't keep that part. Very cheaply made.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I also have a URO heater hose that seems ok and is the same thickness as the one I replaced. Im hoping for the best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts