Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Urgent!!!! Major GS Short Shifter install problems - please delete

I need help in a bad way. I'm at my buddy's and just put the GS short shift kit in and bolted it down. I put the key in to test everything out and I get a "key not recognized" message on the SID and the key is stuck in the ignition. WTF!!!??? The car will not start and the key will not come out of the ignition. What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moderator please delete this thread. I figured it out, I'm an idiot...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
did you read my install instructions-- I bet you did not plug back in the transponder, yeah?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I saw you write up, it helped. my problem was I transfered the reverse lock out to the new housing which locked the key in the switch, then I tried to start the car with the "ignition ring/transponder?" pluged in but not in over the ignition switch. the car will not start unless the ring is on top/around the ignition switch. I had to take it all apart and take the guts out and put it back together correctly. Works great now.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
so since several folks asked... Did you need to do anything special to fit the reverse lockout to the new housing?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think so. I didnt swap everything, i.e. the spring and some other misc. parts, and that where I think my problem arose. If one were to properly swap everyting the reverse lockout may still work, but do it at your own risk. Leaving it out works fine as well.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Now I don't have the GS short shifter, but 3-4 years ago I did pick up the MP unit. While people had issues with this and whatnot I didn't have a bad experience...anyway while installing that one I also took out the reverse lockout. Now that I picked up my 9-3 I am still in the habbit of trying to leave it in a different gear. I like it better without the lockout, but to each his own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts