·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i was told that they are volvo 240 valve springs
can anyone confirm that?
im debating weather to order them straight out of gs
or
order a set volvo 240 valve springs from my shop's wholesale parts provider and get them the same day

if they are not volvo 240 vs, anyone know what the equivalent or what they are?

ive got my whole engine at the machine shop and they're doing some head work, so i thought to myself why not do this upgrade

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
I don't know who will confirm what GS sells. He keeps it a bit of a secret (rightfully so) because he has done the R&D on the parts.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Why aren't you putting on a T7 head?

Then you get better flowing ports, lighter valves, and dual valve springs all in one.

Drew

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got a t7 head... just dont want to spend the the $90+ per bent exhaust valve and $8 per intake valve(i think 4 of each, so almost $400)
and if i were to get another head i would def drop it off at the machinist to clean it up

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Ones from Ronny are trollspeed spings and about 300 bucks to get here to the states and are 20% stiffer than the volvo/gs springs that I tested and would not be needed unless you ran a big cam with high hp and rpms.

I have a set in my car with holset power, but would not think the 300 bucks would be warranted for a small lift cam,

John

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Whats a "big" cam and also define "high"rpm.

276 10.4 cams = Still not crazy in the big picture but decently big for our motors.
8700rpm + 99 cushion Thats decently tight With the heavier (than T7), T5 valves ;)

Plus since springs are a fatigue wear item Ill keep the ones that let me replace every year for cheap.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Just giving rules of thumb here, do not want to argue about what rpm is too high for the volvo springs, we went through that. Some on the other side of the pond feel that level is road racing continuous rpm applications, if that is your goal, then maybe one should skip the volvo springs and go straight to the "big boys" ie trollspeed springs.

They are listed to a maximum lift of 13mm, basically 11mm and up would be considered high lift in my opinion and high rpm would be above 8k.

Since I had valve contact and float with the holset and volvo springs at about 7800rpm, I did not want to take any chances. If I had not had any issues, would not have upgraded.

John

·
Registered
422 Posts
so i was told that they are volvo 240 valve springs
can anyone confirm that?
im debating weather to order them straight out of gs
or.....................
I'll sell you my GS valve springs for $4900, they'll come with my car attached though!!! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts