Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , We have been very busy. hunting ,junk yarding, and many buck$$$, we have what appears to be a Viggen , This is an update From Hey from GA , orginal post of pics. and of course i still have a ways to go , paint (pearl over silver) Maybe ghost flames?? I.C.E. , and tuning . but at least it is whole again .
This is her....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks you guy's , i have had many a head ache, Man the TWICE system about made me shoot this car. After 3 computers, 3 sets of key's and 2 areials(SP), many hours on the Tech 2 programing ,it started Last nite at 11:00 pm . I think It needed a lunar eclipse. BUT you could hear the woohoo's a mile away. I'm Guessing you guy's didn't catch the flames idea, What do you think ? Remember i'm a old HotRod painter. :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Never seen ghost flames before. Post some pics so i can tell ya.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#2 update Vig convt

woooohooo, :D We went for a ride saturday, all was well Til i hit around 5k rpms , and my drive belt was on the ground behind me. MUCH to my dismay!!!.
Got mad and did'nt look at it untill today . Found the Alternator pulley was bent, and That explains, it so the ALT is apart and going to rebuild today .
Then We'll go back out and see what she'll do.
I have ditched the flames , (right now) and after a good drive, She'll be ready for a Shinny new Silver base coat with a pearl clear on last shoot .
So I 'll Post more pic's ASAP.
Question? How Bad do the viggen wheels bend? my are in good shape now .But Alot of pot holes around here. I bent one on my 92 /900s convt last winter.
So should i be looking now for upgrades?/Replacements ????

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Re: #2 update Vig convt

SaabingSue said:
Question? How Bad do the viggen wheels bend? my are in good shape now .But Alot of pot holes around here. I bent one on my 92 /900s convt last winter.
So should i be looking now for upgrades?/Replacements ????
from what i hear they are made of some sort of clay :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

i think you just need to drive by a pot hole to get em to bend, and if you bent a set of c900 wheels then you should probably watch out. :lol: .

Paul

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT"S ALIVE!!

After alternator repairs, and a few other details, here We are today , Now on the beautifaction...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Interesting we just got a damaged viggen too, 01' model, convertible. Has a little more damage than yours, but its not in the front and it wont be needing bumpers, the car looks as if it spun out damaged suspension and qtr panels. Keep up with the updates.

·
Registered
140 Posts
good luck with that.. nice ob on the other viggen as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts