Saab Link Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new 900 NA dubbed Putt Putt II (so much for originality) has only 110,000 miles on it and has a lot going for it. It has a Sport Exhaust and I got it from a guy who was very meticulous about keeping the car in tip top shape.
It has a brand new Saab 16V head with only 20,000 miles on it.
To date we have begun to add a few things to it.
Indiglow gauges
MSS 16V header
Custom programmed 16V NA chip (no more redline)
Pioneer CD head unit
*added Pioneer 15 band graphic EQ, 2 10" subs, and Pioneer Premer 6.5" to the front. Short shifter from Three Troll Tuning
Autometer oil pressure, water temp gauges.
*added A/F and cly head temp to the mix, also Autometer oil pressure Pro lite.
Side vent covers.
*Painted white to match car (Carbon fiber ones in the making)
* added MSD SCI ignition, MSD Blaster II coil and MSD 8.5MM wires.
MSD three stage timing box in the works.

Finally got it into the shop…. Hard to work on with all the other cars waiting to be fixed.
SPG springs
*added Group 9 Red springs (selling SPG springs)
SPG panels painted white.
Big bore throttle body
Bigger injectors
*added #24 blue injectors from Three Troll Tuning
Carbon Fiber door inserts, dash inserts and misc. pieces.
Factory foglamps
Airflow front bumper (haven't found rear one yet)
Finally found rear Airflow bumper
Custom black headliner
Changing over to black trim.
NO2 wet system
* added MSS lightened flywheel & Group 9 Centerforce clutch.
* added Group 9 stainless brakelines, Cross drilled rotors & 9000 calipers.
* added Polly swaybar bushings, polly shock bushings and adjustable Koni shocks
*plans for direct port NO2 system now.
Then I am stuck between rims and tires…..
I have a set of 16" five spokes (aftermarket)
A set of SPG wheels with 225/50/15's
Or a set of 16" Aero's…..

As of 04/10/2004 New motor in the works. :wink:
2.1L short block, balanced and lightened crank, shot peened connecting rods. 2.3L stage II head with Group 9 cams, adjustable cam gears.
2.1L intake with direct port NO2 nozzles.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Looks very nice Rhich.... made a lot of progress!!! :) If you need some help with it this week like crunch time I can come down and lay a hand :p :wink:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Group9 has certainly made major improvements over the old SPG9 and James (the owner) is really into getting some new products out the as well as improving on some older ones.
He’s got the right idea for sure.
Once they get their new facility set up I would imagine they will be a “Saab Performance” shop like no other…
James & Dave have always been a great help with all the cars that come through my place.
I try and use as much of their parts as possible….

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once the car is finished (hoping this weekend) will have some free time to go to some events... missed to many this year :cry:
Can't wait to try the "button" out.....
New bottle bracket due here Thursday :wink:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Rhich said:
Got this all squared away today....
dare I point out the "bling bling" flaws :p ok - you have a neatly and needlessly painted pressure plate there - looks good, but that's the only reason? I guess it prevents the nasy rust look :roll:
Why do all that work and not clean the trans showing there?
And overall - why do any of this more then "clean is - install it" if you're gonna place the dust shield ontop of it all?? paint the shield if anything....

Ok - I'm done poking at ya for now Rhich - I don't mean to be mean - just poke at what I wish I had more time to do :roll:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
PaulH said:
umm burnside, if im not mistaken, thats a centerforce clutch, and they come painted like that.

easy killer :lol: .

Paul
Once again...."I don't mean to be mean - just poke at what I wish I had more time to do" and have.... :roll: opps :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The clutch is a Centerforce and they come orange… the flywheel is a lightened MSS one.
At this point the tranny is a “for now” tranny until the 2.1L engine is finished…..

A rule at this shop is if it’s removed it gets removed it gets cleaned, painted or powder coated or polished…. This includes everything.

So the tranny will be done eventually….. of course the tranny in the car right now isn’t the one going in later….

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PaulH said:
aw man if youre already to the clutch you should be damn near home free :wink: .

and you should be able to get that together by august 14th easily :D .

Paul
Hope to drive it this weekend.
The 2.1 will be done for August

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BurnsSide42 said:
Rhich said:
Got this all squared away today....
dare I point out the "bling bling" flaws :p ok - you have a neatly and needlessly painted pressure plate there - looks good, but that's the only reason? I guess it prevents the nasy rust look :roll:
Why do all that work and not clean the trans showing there?
And overall - why do any of this more then "clean is - install it" if you're gonna place the dust shield ontop of it all?? paint the shield if anything....

Ok - I'm done poking at ya for now Rhich - I don't mean to be mean - just poke at what I wish I had more time to do :roll:
Dust sheild was in the parts washer..... the carbon fiber one is in the works :wink:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got one of these :D
Won one on ebay and never got it....
Painted a car for one never got it....
Bought one on SC never got it....

Finally........ Gary Moore at Three Trolls Tuning comes through.....

·
10,303 Posts
I hope I get a sneak peak at it tomorrow night.

I plan on swinging by just after proving grounds. I did a yahoo map to your place. Sometime between 7ish and 9ish.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.