Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed 9k's have an under-bonnet light of some sort. the one on my 9k is dead and the entire housing is crazed so I won't even bother trying to put a new lamp in it to get it working.

Anyone replaced the housing with a nice rugged light of some sort that withstands the temps, etc.?

Some sort of LED light might be the way to go.

Craig.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I dont think anyof them ever worked.

Ever.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Well, you know what.

That makes sense. Am gonna go test that one day...

·
Registered
209 Posts
There is another light that is wired on that circuit - I don't understand why they chose that particular circuit, but what do I know - the little green light in the center console is also on the parking / headlight circuit. Parking lights have to be on for this console light to be illuminate.

George Kuhn

·
Registered
209 Posts
Zach -

Be sure to have your parking / headlight switch in the 'on' position for the bonnet light to work. It is a mercury switch and the hood has to be fully in the upright and locked position !

·
Registered
897 Posts
Zach -

Be sure to have your parking / headlight switch in the 'on' position for the bonnet light to work. It is a mercury switch and the hood has to be fully in the upright and locked position !
ahh thanks for the info! i will try this once the car is back together. lol.

kinda going crazy with engine painting. pulled the DI, radiator fan, multiple brackets/plastic bits/battery tray etc.

ALL getting painted to perfection. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Zach -

Post some pics of your work - always like to see these classics being cared for.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i will once i have everything finished and put back on the car. i want it to look

good for the "9000 engine bay pics" thread. lol.

oh trust me its definetely getting cared for. i love my 9000 i will never ever sell it.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts