Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the heads up that my car should be ready to come home next week. Since I bought it the last week of May, the car has lived at Paul Dolmetsch's shop in Austin, while I am in DFW.

Here is the work Paul is doing on it

interior removed, cleaned and (mostly) repaired,
the auto transmission swapped for 5sp along with a fresher 86K engine
Fuel tank/pump upgraded to a later unit.
Top re-streched to fix sloppy installation by a PO.
Remove bad window tint
full service and tuneup and detail

Below are the before photos from the day I bought it. Will post after photos when I get it home. As you can guess, I am pretty excited

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Looking good!

Good to see some images of Paul in there too. I haven't seen him since he left the northeast.

I spoke to him on Saturday. He has Brad from KC's old c900 down there and is studying the custom 5-speed that Brad had made up for the car. Dan Haugh (aka landjet) is going down to have a look too. I'd love to see Dan make up some of these for sale to the rest of us--he has the capabilities. All just speculation at the moment.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has Brad from KC's old c900 down there and is studying the custom 5-speed that Brad had made up for the car.
Paul told me about that car, I look forward to seeing it. I did get to see the Ruby Red just after it was painted. Unfortunately I saw the wrecked SPG as well.

I haven't figured out the logistics of getting the car yet, hopefully I can get down there and drive it home in the next couple of weekends.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent! Sounds like it'll be nearly perfect when you get it home.
It won't be perfect, but it should be really nice. I will have a seriously cracked dash to worry about for sure. We'll see how the carpet repair and the top tightening goes. I need a dent dr to work a ding on the hood as well.

At the very least, I will have a very presentable car that I can play with on the weekends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts