Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving cross country, (VT to California) and today on the first leg of the trip two issues arose towards the end. The first was my drivers side wiper motor began malfunction and make a ton of noise. I temporarily alleviated by pulling the fuse which also turned off the seat adjustment (very necessary on long trips). Then as I'm cruising by Cleveland on I-80, my cruise control just lets go simultaneously as the abs light comes on. It wouldn't work after that, but the abs light didn't come back on when I started it. I don't need the wiper but I'd like to be able to turn it off without turning off my seat adjustment. The cruise control I would guess is a relay but electrical stuff is not my forte at all. Car is a 95 aero with tcs by the way. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had an issue with cruise control once where it would not work after I had my brakes worked on. The sensor that shuts off the cruise control when the brakes are applied was activating. Given your ABS light, could be related to brakes.

Was it raining or is the wiper motor staying on?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car broke down on me on I 80 today and now I'm stuck in Iowa city for a couple days while it gets fixed at Iowa city Saab. I'm 90% sure it was the DI, since the engine just shut off while I had the cruise control locked. Sure glad I forgot to bring one on my trip ACROSS THE F*****G COUNTRY!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
now I'm stuck in Iowa city for a couple days while it gets fixed at Iowa city Saab.
Contact Moonracer - he is in Iowa City I believe - sounds like a TCS TB issue to me...
Nah, Annette's in Iowa City at Iowa City Saab. Moonracer's up at the other location. They're good people and will take care of you. Give Viggen a scritch from me.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I didn't bring an extra with me because I'm stupid I guess.
Eh, don't sweat it. I rode around large portions of the eastern United States for upwards of four years before I bit the bullet and bought a spare to carry in my trunk.

Now, whether I have the right torx tool in the car at any point is another question - although they are cheaper and much more widely available than your average Saab DI. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.