Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem has been getting worse over the past few weeks, but it will not always pull to the right. Sometimes it will track nice and straight but when it does pull its considerable. Are these the signs of a bad ball joint?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Could be the early sign of a failed Power steering rack.. .. It was on Mine.:(
Hopefully not ! best to start checking the steering system over very carefuly.
If it is the rack it will grow worse, and then there will be no ambiguity.. but it's also very dangerous. in traffic.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Do you notice if it pulls only on certian roads? My car didn't really want to track to straight because of the ball joints, it followed all the grooves in the road

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes at higher speeds its not as noticeable as it is at slower, around town speeds. Today I went for a long drive for work at it weeks twitchy going around a left turn, passenger side ball joint had all the weight on it. Thinking pass side ball joint.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ball joint 'clunks' heavily when going over potholes. Not too long after the clunking symptom becomes apparent they separate. Happened to my son's 9k. .. Bad news.
Unless you know 'for sure' (as in it was semi recently replaced on your watch) that the ball joint is good Then get New ones fitted without a second thought. they are cheap(ish) and easy to replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts