Saab Link Forums banner

*%!*& Turn Signal Stalk Replacment

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  turbocon86 
#1 ·
Thought this was an easy drop down the plastic cover kind of replacement for the switch. Now I have the switch out and don't know if I have to remove the knee bolster to get to the long wire plug.

Searched tutorial and web. Now I have a car with no turn signal or wipers. Guess I will walk to work.

Can anyone help?

#6 ·
OK. In case anyone else is interested. I just went on a dropped the knee bolster and the freakin switch assembly just fell off of the wheel column. So there you have it. MUCH easier to remove the whole knee bolster than to try and force it.

Thanks for everyone's help.
d

#7 ·
Glad you made out OK, I'm just coming across this now.

Yeah, the long wire is just the plug for cruise. The stupid thing is zip-tied to the steering column surround back inside. The old bolsters had a removable plastic piece below the steering column that was attached with one large fastener. You could access the connection by just removing that part. When they went to the new-style knee bolster, they didn't relocate where they put the zip-tie during manufacturing, so you have to remove the knee bolster to get at it. I actually put an old-style knee bolster in my '92 900 to avoid dealing with it if I ever had to get in there for something else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.