Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - since my bank account is on the up and up (slowly but surely) I am begining to look into Turbo possibilities for the SPG. I was originally considering a t3/t4 hybrid set up - however I'm not sure if that really would be the best route to take. Anyone know any suggestions as to what I should look for? I'm looking for something that can take 20-30psi max boost and run at about 15-20psi normally with litte worries of over wearing the unit. I am also not looking for something that takes forever to spool up... so big intake, little blades make sense to me - thus the t3/t4. I've looked at the Group9 Unit - very nice, but a tad on the steep side of things come money. (I still need to e-mail them and ask them a few questions about it) Remember this would be for the 86 SPG which is getting a complete overhaul - brakes upgrade (I hope) and as much as I can slap onto and into it. (Computer is also now a consideration if I can get a screen) But any suggestions on a Turbo unit would be great. I can get in box never used with warrenty for a Garrett T3/T4 turbo *NEW* at about $300 shipped - so I don't WISH to exceed $350 for a unit if possible. And I know that is ridiculously low - but I know I can get them for that, which is why I might end up with a hybrid - but not sure what specifics i need to look at before buying. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips you can provide -
~BurnsSide~
(Currently in Orono, Maine as I type)

·
Registered
584 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
But any suggestions on a Turbo unit would be great. I can get in box never used with warrenty for a Garrett T3/T4 turbo *NEW* at about $300 shipped
Dang, that's a good price - you should go into business!

Most of the aftermarket turbos being sold for c900's are t3/t4 hybrids anyways, at 3x that price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts