Saab Link Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
The vast majority of the power gains would be from the T5 head. Cool factor is there, but having to explain to everyone that its not a supercharger would be annoying. You should probably just modify an intake manifold to have the TB in the middle instead of the very end.
the data is there to back up the manifold, not only on the dyno, but in fuel demand. I had to work with this car a little bit to get the tip in fuel demand, to match the manifold. to me this is the "nail in the coffin" on the arguement about this, If it needs more fuel to keep the AFRs in check, it must move more air.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Does look a bit like a super charger!! It's an interesting concept but at that point, aren't you so far out over your transmission capabilities that it's not worth cutting a very attractive c900 front end?

I wonder if it would look better if it were covered with some type of cowl induction scoop.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
aren't you so far out over your transmission capabilities that it's not worth cutting a very attractive c900 front end?
That's exactly where I was going too. I have no experience with a C900, hope to someday own one, but I would have figured you are out of overhead with the trans as well.

I wonder if it would look better if it were covered with some type of cowl induction scoop.
If you were going to cut the hood I would suggest putting some kind of faux scoop over it to dress it up, or maybe a bulge. Not that I don't love me some roadkill, but that doesn't seem to suit your car.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
so a few updates, Speedo is in and working, ill post a vid soon, i also did some more tweeking work, and re-dynoed it on a much warmer day at 242whp. Lasting i was able to get some more interior together, which is nice to have as a car i want to drive, The car made it to carlisle and back with no major issues, as well as a 1 week roadtrip the week before with also no real issues. This is turning out to be an awesome little car!

81 - 86 of 86 Posts