Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the 2002 93, is the intake pipe by the diverter valve plastic, (it feels plastic) or a light metal? would it be an upgrade, to put a chrome pipe in the spot of that pipe? and are 900, and 93, a match, say if i went to the junk yard, pulled one, and installed it? just an idea i thought up in 5 seconds, get back at me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
it's plastic... good for up to 400 or so HP and no point downgrading to the metal ones. A bloke (Vigge) on SC did extensive testing of them both in his Viggen and found there was no improvement. Plastic probably doesn't heat soak like the metal ones do either.

Recommend to keep the plastic there.

sab

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's plastic... good for up to 400 or so HP and no point downgrading to the metal ones. A bloke (Vigge) on SC did extensive testing of them both in his Viggen and found there was no improvement. Plastic probably doesn't heat soak like the metal ones do either.

Recommend to keep the plastic there.

sab
thanks, i didnt know that i just got one of those random, like its 5 am, hey what if i did this, ill ask the guys on saablink what they think.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
thanks, i didnt know that i just got one of those random, like its 5 am, hey what if i did this, ill ask the guys on saablink what they think.
I'm with you, a nice aluminum pipe would really improve the looks underhood, but sadly the boring plastic piece flows too well to justify the Abbott pipe (which is something like $400)

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts