Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... my friend has a 1999 9-3 Turbo...... lately, her turbo has been acting up. Her turbo seems to shut off and kind of sputter when in the middle of the yellow..... Is it the APC solenoid? Her check engine light also comes on and blinks.... any ideas?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sputtering under high boost can be an indication that the DI is failing. Swap in another DI an see if the problem goes away.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ERP said:
Sputtering under high boost can be an indication that the DI is failing. Swap in another DI an see if the problem goes away.
nah, it's definately turbo related (i am like 95% sure)..... It's weird.... The turbo also makes a little "Peewwwwww" after.... I swapped the BPV, still does it. It's like the turbo just kinda jerks at mid yellow and it slowly climbs, but hesitates and check engine light comes on, flashes, etc..... its a bitch....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pull the electrical harness off the BPC (APC solenoid) and run it. Should have reduced boost but not jerking stuff. This is somewhere around base boost. If your issues goes away you might be able to isolate it to the APC. It does sound more like the DI though. Usually when the BPC goes, boost goes too high as the solenoid isn't opening up. But worth a check.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SPATL said:
Pull the electrical harness off the BPC (APC solenoid) and run it. Should have reduced boost but not jerking stuff. This is somewhere around base boost. If your issues goes away you might be able to isolate it to the APC. It does sound more like the DI though. Usually when the BPC goes, boost goes too high as the solenoid isn't opening up. But worth a check.
Yeah.... the DI was also a thought of mine.... that and spark plugs. We shall see! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts